Chapter 2

~Bill (C17) POV~

I sat on my bed waiting for the doctor to enter with the disgusting slop they call food. I don't need to eat much being a demon and all, but humans react rather dramatically when someone doesn't eat so I'm kinda forced to because they watch me 24/7 with video surveillance. Otherwise I would just use my powers to get rid of it.

I sighed. My powers are very limited in this body, I can't do a number of things including teleport out of here.

The door of my mostly grey room opened and a doctor stepped in rolling a small cart with a tray of food on top in with him. He quickly pushed it over to me and went back to stand by the door to wait until I was done eating so he could take it away. I started eating this. . . Whatever this is, and searched the doctor's mind for my own entertainment.

I hope he gets a volunteer so he can go live somewhere else and ruin someone else's life. But even if we all recommend him, I doubt they will ever say he's sane enough to leave with the way he acts.

I lit up at hearing his thoughts and saw a memory flash in his mind of him sitting in meeting of sorts discussing a problem. The problem being that they think some of the patients here would heal better or faster if they were not so cooped up in the asylum and maybe got to interact with other people. So they decided letting some of the not as insane, 'insanes,' live with people who would volunteer for the job.

Each doctor and nurse gets to recommend a patient for transfer.

I pushed away the cart of now half eaten food, and the nervous doctor grabbed it and left immedietly.

After the door shut behind him I pondered on what I just learned, so if I act 'sane,' then I might be able to regain my freedom? Or at least not have to live in this chamber of idiots. Sounds like my ticket out of here.

I started by making good conversation with the nurses and doctors, (something I rarely do) and I said things that I think sad mortals would say like, 'I really miss the flowers in the forest,' and 'I wonder if anyone misses me. *sigh* Probably not.'

They seem to buy it, but I still act a little scary so that they still recommend me to leave.

Another thing I did was enter their dreams and either make them have a wonderful dream of after I'm gone, or a terrible nightmare of if anyone but me left.

And if that still didn't work, I would threaten them and/or their family while they're sleeping. Thankfully I didn't have to resort to that to often, not that I don't want to kill them, just that it doesn't always work. Sometimes they think they must be heroic and sacrifice themselves to keep me away from any other people.

I will get out of here.