Chapter 6

~Same Random Doctor (Emily Johnson)~

The day of voting was yesterday and the time it took to get to now, the day they announce who the patient leaving will be, seemed to go much slower than any usual time.  It was as if whoever it is running the world knows about what our little asylum was doing, and decided to make sure we all had enough time to fully understand the choices each of us had made in the situation. 

For me, thinking of the decision I made was a plague to my mind, bringing thoughts to my brain every time it was a calm blank.  Giving me a headache that pounded until I could barely stand up without passing out.  I've been hoping that once it is announced who will transfer this will stop happening to me. 

No.

I know once it's done and over with I will stop feeling like this.  It's as if something in my mind was silently telling me it'll all be OK soon.  Because of this, I've come to anticipate this day so much that it feels like nothing will even happen afterwards, the world will just stop, knowing I'm finally at peace.

I got out of bed feeling determined and surprisingly not tired at all.  I figured it was my longing for this day to come.  I looked over at the clock, it read 7:01.

Crap!

I realized I wasn't this energized because it's the day I've been waiting for, it was because I had over slept.  Sure, I can still get there in time since the town is so small, but I'll have to rush out and probably skip breakfast. 

Following my own instruction, I prepared myself for the day.  I showered as fast as I could, not really having any time to shave, put on my work clothes, and did everything else.  Reaching my car I remembered that I had forgotten to brush my teeth, so I decided it best to just put in some mint flavored gum.

Once I was at the asylum I rushed inside, getting to the 'lounge room' just in time.

Henry quickly walked over to me as was the first one to spot me. "Emily, where have you been?" He asked, sounding a annoyed and little worried. 

"I just woke up a bit late," I answered.

"Well now that you're here we can get started." He went over to Dr. Groves, the one in charge of the asylum, and told him everyone was here now.

I took a seat in one of the chairs and Henry sat next to me.

"Alright, now that we're all here we can begin," his voice was stern and he held papers in front of his face.  "As you all know, we recently had an idea to let one of the patients be housed by a valid volunteer.  Each of you recommended the patient you thought it would help the most and based on that information and their profiles it was decided that the patient transferring is. . . "

I held my breath as time seemed to stop for a moment.

"C17," he finished, starting a wave of different comments and whispers.

"I knew it."

"Thank god, he really gives me the creeps."

"It should have been H12."

I felt as if a major weight had been lifted of my shoulders, and I knew it had.  It seemed to be the same for Dr. James as he let out a breath of air that I hadn't noticed he had been holding in.

He stood up as soon as he had regained his composure. "Can I go tell him?" He asked Dr. Groves, who just said a simple 'sure' not really caring who told him.  Henry practically ran at hearing his word.

Though I may not be as excited as him, I know I will sleep easy from now on.

(A/n) Sorry my chapters are so short, but I hope you've been enjoying my fanfiction so far anyways! >^-^<