There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

A/N: I know it's been a while since I last updated but my phone got broken and I haven't really bought a new computer yet so it was very hard for me to write and stuff. I know, excuses but I really am sorry for the long wait but here it is! 😊 Hope you guys like it!

-:-:-:-:-:-

(Y/N)'s POV

"Are you serious?" I groaned, rubbing my temples.

"I thought you were coming with me Ellie." I said on the phone.

"Okay, okay fine. I'll go myself. Yeah, see you around." I ended the call with a sigh.

Typical Ellie.

We were suppose to go together to Shawn Mendes' concert tonight but she decided to bail on me last minute. She said she was having some problems, which I have no clue what.

I'll still go no matter what though. I'm not wasting this VIP ticket. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, wasting it is not an option.

Even if I have to go alone.

I quickly got dressed, wearing a simple white dress and a denim jacket. I then went to the venue two hours earlier since my uncle insisted.

I parked outside the venue and saw a bunch of fans already waiting in line.

I quickly went in the back to avoid all the commotion.

Before I could reach the back door, a huge dude blocked my way.

"You're not allowed here ma'am." The security said.

"But—"

"It's okay, she's with me." The security looked behind him and moved out of the way.

"Uncle Steve!" I ran and hugged my uncle really tight.

"Hey there kiddo. It's been a while since I last saw you." He chuckled, hugging me back.

"Yeah, you too. Thank you so much for the tickets." I said, pulling away. We went through the door and into a long hallway.

"Hey, this is my birthday gift to you. Where's your friend?" He asked.

"She couldn't make it." He nodded and stopped in front of a table full of ID's.

"Here, wear this one so that people will know that you haven't snuck in." He handed me one with 'Staff' written on it.

I put it on and gave him a smile. "Thank you so much for this Uncle Steve. This is the best birthday gift ever."

"Anything for my Goddaughter." He hugged me side ways and gave me a kiss on the head.

"Go and check the place out. The concert doesn't start in an hour and a half anyway. But don't wander off too far or you'll get lost. I need to fix a few things first." He added checking his watch.

"Okay. I'll see you later then?" I said.

"Yup." He gave me a quick hug and went for the door but before he closed it, he turned to me and said, "And don't break anything okay (Y/N)?"

I laughed. "I won't Uncle Steve. I promise."

"Good." And with that he disappeared into the hallway.

I wandered off, not really paying any attention to where I was going. My original plan was to try and look for Shawn's dressing room, but to my avail, I got lost.

I continued to explore the venue until I ended up in the middle of the stage.

"Wow." I whispered as I did a turn, looking up at the arena.