Great Fashion Sense ✔

The charity gala was a family tradition and obviously, that meant a boring ball dance. Every inch of the house was transformed into an older English era kind of feel. Damarion sat in his room filling his side of resume he made so that he could get to know maximum about Willow in short time and vice versa.

He sighed as he thought about why in this damn world was he doing something so stupid? He started this because he felt a spark when he first saw Willow and now they don't even have time to meet.

"Damarion." His mother interrupted his thought process.

"Yes."

"Call your girlfriend to the ball." She said with a smile that meant danger.

"She hates these kinds of things."

"Then she shouldn't have dated a Prince."

It was a jab at Willow's low class.

"She will be here." He said and even though he knew that her mother wanted him to break up with the girl, she was punishing him for what he did at the ball.

Damarion knew that Willow will freak out at this and she will probably slap or something but he had to ask.

"And don't need to pick her up from whatever bin she lives in, Daphne will bring her along."

"Who is Daphne?" Damarion asked not sure he heard that name before.

"We had to choose two from the ball remember? Daphne is an actual princess."

Damarion knew he was in great trouble.

***

Balls are a part of Royal life and Damarion always hated it but not today. He was anxious as he waited for the arrival of his rebel case, Willow Gibson. She agreed to come to this thing on one condition, he would be there with as many friends as possible to see her band perform. Everything she did was for that band.

He couldn't even gulp down a drink as he paced near the bar counter.

"What has you all worked up?" Richard was enjoying this.

Damarion the calm, every time in the hold of situation Prince looking all rattled.

"Some other Princess is picking her up. What will she wear?" Damarion knew his mother was strict about fashion being a fashion designer herself.

"You are confusing me Damarion me, why do you care? It is not like you want your mother to approve of her."

That made sense and Damarion realized he was fretting for nothing. Whatever Willow wore to this thing, it was not his concern. And just like he jinxed it.

Daphne walked in first as Richard told him and then walked in Willow. Every attention was on her because she stood out. Daphne had played her. Instead of getting her a decent gown she was dressed in a simple dress pure black that went down to her knees.

The dress was not branded or designer it was from some local shop. She did not have her hair styled like the all the females in the room nor did she had any fancy jewelry on her.

But she had the nerve not look down or feel low about herself as she walked glaring at almost every staring fool and making them look away.

"She is hot." Richard complimented.

And in that moment Damarion was at loss for words as she walked straight to him. 

Because yet again, his heart was racing.

***

"Stop staring Prince," Willow said slightly squeamish at all the staring.

She had an idea that the party was fancy but when Daphne said she could wear whatever best dress she had, she choose her mother's black dress. Now she knew she was underdressed.

Daphne was one of those conniving stupid royals.

"Your mother seems furious."She said when Damarion just stared.

He smiled at this.

"Let's go on a date tomorrow." He said.

"Yeah, we have that list to exchange." She said it like a business matter.

"No, I meant like a real date."

"What?" She couldn't believe what the Prince just said.

"I am asking you for a date Willow." He said with a chuckle.

"Why?"

"Because I want to." He said after a thought.

"So that you can break up after a month?" That hit his sour spot.

She was right. What was he thinking?

"I am sorry. You just make me reckless." He said looking right into her eyes.

She inhaled sharply at this words.

They kept dancing when Daphne broke in.

It was her turn to dance with the Prince. And soon as the elegant, dressed in a Ralph Lauren gown, poised Daphne stepped in Prince felt the loss. He realised Willow's presence bought my some kind of relief.

***

"What is she wearing?" His mother gave an expected response.

"She looks beautiful." Damarion stated the truth.

"She looks like a beggar."

"That's enough mother, that is my girlfriend you are insulting."

"What do you even see in her?"

Damarion started just because she was anti-list, someone who his mother will oppose. But he was not sure he was going in the right direction now.

"That girl has no fashion sense." His mother mocked.

"I want someone who will join me at my boutique."

Damarion felt angry at her for already trying to already plan what the new princess will do without any option of choice.

As the ball came to an end without any drama it was too good to be true.

King caught hold of Willow as she was about to walk out.

"Willow Gibson." He said and she knew a bull crap lecture was coming.

"I have no right to date your son, is that so Highness." She said in a bored tone.

"No, that is not what I am here to say."

"Maybe you don't approve the dress like the Queen." She mumbled now.

King chuckled and that surprised her.

"I am strict father Willow but I am not blind. I can see he is happy around you. But what I will say is not to hurt you but as a father concerned. He is a Prince and you are.... you. There is nothing wrong with that Willow but you have no actual education, you don't possess the etiquettes these princesses have worked hard for since they were born.

Give me one good reason why you are good for him and don't say because you love him because that is not all we need in the real world."

Willow was left speechless at his truthfully harsh words. It was not like she was really dating Damarion but it hurt her.

"And you are right, even as a male I could see you stuck out a sore thumb today. You need to respect the occasion and dress accordingly. Being a rebel is not always a good idea. I have a daughter like you but she knows where the line is." King gave a small smile and walked away.

She knew that was underdressed and she was humiliated on something as small as a ball dress. Like she expected this deal was painful but she walked out of the place holding back tears reminding herself that only three weeks of this is left.

And she was definitely not interested no matter how handsome or soft hearted the Prince was.

-------------------------------------------

Her fashion sense sucks! xD

Apparently, I think I am Willow in this department. I am comfort over style! :P

How was the chapter? What do you think about the King?

Check -  List for Girlsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें