Prim and Proper ✔

Damarion was dancing with the eleventh princess of the night but boredom failed to leave his mind. His feet moved on his own accord while he was in a trance for rest of the talk session. They were all very uptight, dressed to perfection such that even a strand of hair was not stray. 

He sighed as he looked around servants serving drinks, the silent heels on the plush carpet and the giggles and pretentious smiles. He was not a romantic at heart but there was no a princess in this ballroom that sparked his interest. Why? Because he knew where they came from and what they what.

Maybe, maybe on of these might be nice but for some reason, he found all this uninteresting.

The only good thing about this night was the band he strictly opposed of before, LoudLove. Their songs were not useless and had a good melody. He couldn't help but as the night passed he kept sneaking glances at the girl, the drummer who sat in the back thrashing the drums and something enchanting about her.

Eva seemed over thrilled at their presence as she looked at them googly eyed and danced with her other friends.

"Highness?" The thirteen princess said whose name Damarion couldn't place in that instant.

"I am sorry, I am a little tired and lost track of the conversation."

She clearly looked displeased at this.

"I was talking about poetry." She said with a poised smile.

"I hate poetry." He stated bluntly something which was unlike him.

"Oh, I am sorry. I thought you might have some love for literature."

"I like literature but in prose form," He told her in a gentler tone.

His head was paining thinking of the fact that he had to dance with many more princess.

"I would like to steal the Prince for a moment." Richard came from behind him and he mentally sighed on being rescued.

"You look like you want to die." He said chuckling like he was enjoying this.

"I need a drink."

And Richard gave him a glass which Damarion gulped down in an instant feeling the alcohol hit his nerves.

"Don't drink too much Rion, that might piss the Queen off," Richard warned.

But Damarion's nerve was on edge as he gulped down two consecutive glasses of drink. And then there was no stopping him.

"What are you doing Rion?" Richard asked with a concerned look.

"Doing something crazy." He answered a little surly now.

"Why now?" Richard was still holding his elbow.

"Let me go, Rick, you only said I should live a little. I am living a little." And he laughed feeling lightheaded.

"Is thirty-five princess' too much and you want to be a rebel suddenly?" Richard mocked him now.

"No, I found a reason to be a rebel." He slurred and his eyes found it's way to the drummer.

"She is way out of your league Rion, she is not Prim and Proper."

"what do you mean?" He turned sharply and noticed his mother glaring at him from a distance.

"Have you not seen the list?" He handed Damarion the invitation card and he froze at the checklist inside.

He felt the suffocation build inside him. 

How controlling his life was. Even if this is a chance, he will take this just to make a choice of his own. Maybe it was the alcohol in him or the list to make him fall in love something even his parents were trying to control.

He walked up to the performing LoudLove and shouted, "Stop it."

Everything stopped and everyone was silent. Richard was cautious as he moved closer to Damarion in order to stop him from doing anything reckless.

"Drummer." He called out and saw him raise her smoky eyes.

"Can I have a dance?" He asked with a full prince like courtesy.

And she just stared back in shock as did the rest of the people present.

~~~

She was not Prim and Proper. Precise and Formal is what the word means and she was anything but. 

"No, not really." She outright refused to dance with Damarion.

He started laughing hilariously.

"Why, scared?"

"No, because I only dance with guys I like." She snapped sharply.

"Everyone is supposed to like me to my face at least." He said and she gave him a dry look.

"Will you care to dance?" He asked in a drunk state to another princess and she happily obliged.

Queen pulled out of her shocked state and started repairing the loss. She smiled at people and present princesses worried that their reputation will be tarnished.

"That's enough man," Richard said as he pulled Damarion away from the dance floor keeping a smile plastered on his face like everything was fine.

"Why?" He gulped down another glass swaying on his feet.

"Mother said I can choose any girl from the ball?"

"Damarion," Queen said in a warning tone.

"Am I wrong, mother?" He asked with a smirk.

"Then let's dance drummer." He said and this time she came forward.

She held a look of pity and concern.

"Fine one dance Prince." She said with a gritted teeth and obliged him with a dance.

Not because he was the Prince or because she wanted it, just because she saw the Queen trying to cage a tiger, tame him to be a circus animal. She hated that and just decided to help the Prince who was in dire need of some spunk in his polished life.

They started dancing to a song while the spectators watched awestruck at what just happened. Damarion looked at her eyes up close her grey, intimidating with that much kohl. there was little stitch mark on her left cheek, very little but still visible from that proximity.

She was not even a speck of prim as her curly here played messily behind her. Then there were her skull accessories to make her look of the limits. And she was the solution to Damarion's problems.

As she stared at him with bold, unafraid eyes, he whispered for just her to hear, "Let's make a deal."

Her eyebrows lifted in a silent question at the drunk Prince who will sober up and forget about all the deals and nonsense.

"No deal, just this dance and then we are done." She said and saw a momentary hurt in Prince's eyes.

"Then I have to play dirty." His green eyes with sparse flecks of blue yelled mischief.

"What?" She asked confused at the handsome prince.

Next thing she knew, his lips came crashing down on her for once Damarion not thinking about what others will have to say.

........................

Yeah so I was in the mood for something outrageous and so was Damarion.

I hope that shocked you a little :D

He is going to freak out when the drink losses its effect though xD

Leave your thoughts, I love to hear them!