Chapter 28.- Rogue

Start from the beginning

"This is a reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive; you fight to kill." And with that, off they were.

▼▲▼▲

At the Tezcatlipoca temple, Scott and Danielle were waiting in the caves. Danielle had finished having fun and effortlessly returned to her natural form. Both beasts waited patiently for their next prey; little did they know that their next victims were those they cherished the most, those they had sworn to protect from evil.

▼▲▼▲

They were on their way to Mexico, Peter's car first, with Malia with him, then Breaden on the steering wheel, Brett, Derek, and Liam inside the van, and finally, the twins hot on their heels.

They had decided that Liam should be tied up since he hadn't fully managed to control himself during full moons. "All good?" Derek asked him as he closed the handcuff around his wrists; after Liam tugged upwards and saw that they hadn't split in half, he nodded, "Okay."

Brett knew that he wouldn't be in trouble. Due to the situation, thinking about his mate being in distress kept his wolf at bay. It sounds controversial, but his wolf should be the most unstable, and he manages to use his emotions to keep him under control.

Brett looked at the former Alpha with curiosity as he retrieved something from his jacket pocket. Stiles did so, too. "I brought something to help you." Derek then handed the object over to Liam, who looked at it, not quite understanding its usage.

Seeing the look on Liam's face, he began explaining, "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a potent, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon." Liam still looked confused as to how that tiny object would prevent him from going into beast mode. The symbol was identical to Derek's tattoo, which Stiles recognised instantly; Brett had his reasons for identifying the symbol formed by the three swirling spirals.

Derek looked at Stiles, gesturing for him to say something. Stiles being Stiles, he didn't quite get it at first."Yes, it's powerful." He said, "Very powerful."

Liam didn't seem entirely convinced by Stiles' words, which defeated the whole purpose of his speech. Derek rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Brett spoke beside Liam: "They aren't lying. Satomi uses devices such as this one to train us."

"Really?" Asked the young Beta. Brett nodded.

"Ever since I started using it, way before Danielle came into the equation, I wanted less and less to lash out and rip everyone's heads off." Both Derek and Stiles appreciated Brett's intervention. They knew that the two didn't precisely get along, but being able to put their differences aside all for the love of this one girl showed how much she meant to him.

▼▲▼▲

As time passed, Brett could feel his wolf jumping around in his head. He wasn't talking to him, but he wasn't trying to take over as he had expected. He couldn't say the same for Liam. The Beta had sweat covering his forehead, his breath came out in his pants, and his body shook, "Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it. You focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you." Derek said, he saw the state the wolf was in, if they didn't calm the werewolf, they'd be wolf-bait.

Trying to concentrate as much as he could, which some people may struggle a little with, was proving to be very challenging at the moment, "Okay. Okay, okay! What are the words?" He asked impatiently.

"Okay, look at the Triskelion." The Beta did as told. "See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back. It's the same thing. Each spiral means something."

"Alpha, Beta, Omega." The two other people in the van concluded.