Without warning, the light-hearted mood was interrupted by a call.

I looked to my phone. Zach.

It was as if he knew we had kissed. I actually turned to look at the door to make sure he wasn't there.

If it was so friendly then why would you think Zach would care?

I ignored the voice as I answered his call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sky, I was just wondering when you'd want to come back down. Your bike won't move anytime soon unless you get someone to check it out."

"You only just dropped me off. Miss me already?" I quipped.

"How can I not?"

My breath hitched slightly at his answer and I hurried to respond before he would notice.

"Anyways, the bike. I'll ask Shaun what he knows about repairing first and then-"

My voice got cut off by Shaun calling from the kitchen, "Nothing. Never repaired a vehicle in my life."

I sighed. "Well, I guess I'll have to find someone."

"Yeah, that was one of the main reasons I called. I know someone who can repair it for you at the garage. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you out."

I forced an excited tone, too scared to tell him that it would cost too much for me to send down, let alone be repaired.

"Really? Great, I'll talk to them about it then. Have you got their number on you?"

"W-well I have but I was thinking we could just go now. And I'd probably have to be there to introduce you to him."

I held in my sigh of annoyance. I knew he was trying to help but I wouldn't be able to afford it.

"Sure. Wait now? I'll have to see what Shaun is doing so that-"

Once again I was interrupted. Shaun dashed into the room, stumbling to put his left shoe on.

"Heading to work, I'm going to be late. Oh I wouldn't eat anything from the fridge, electricity is out remember?"

"Right," I spoke to Shaun. "Have fun."

I turned my attention back to the phone. "Sorry. Well Shaun's practically gone."

And with those words the door closed, the sound of Shaun's "Bye" sounding around the apartment.

"He's gone. Wait, oh no. We're late for school. Shit it's still Friday. Dyl-"

"Whoah, whoah, Sky. You didn't hear? The schools in the town are closed, the storm really took its toll on everyone. Loads of people wouldn't have made it because of the various objects blocking the road."

I sighed in relief. "Okay. Right, so when are we going to this garage?"

"Well, uh, right now. I didn't exactly leave."

His statement surprised me and I'm sure he could hear it in my next words.

"You never left? How long have you been waiting out there? Okay I don't want you waiting any longer. We'll be down in just a sec."

I could hear his chuckle through the phone. "Sky, look down. Have you forgotten what you're wearing?"

A curse slipped from my mouth as I realised the shirt and boxers were a little too revealing for a trip outside.

"Right, well come on up then. It's a mess but I don't want you sitting in your car. See you."

"Bye Sky."