King (Grizzly's Sin of Sloth) ~ Diane

anime: the seven deadly sins
heyheyhey it's my favourite character

trigger warnings; none

~*~

You loved King to the moon and back, as a best friend of course, but you couldn't shake off the ever-growing feeling of envy that you felt whenever he was around Diane.

Don't get me wrong, you loved Diane too. She had the heart of a giant (literally) and she was more lively than any of the boys and always a great person to talk to.

You know she didn't lead King on on purpose - as she was too busy leading Meliodas on - but that didn't mean you weren't envious of her.

I guess envy runs through everybody if you were jealous of the Serpent's Sin of Envy.

All King ever talked about was Diane. 'Diane' this and 'Diane' that, and while you smiled through it all and nodded, in your heart you knew that your feelings for him would never get through to him.

Which you were fine with, as you never really wanted to ruin your perfect friendship with him with just some stupid crush.

At least, that's what you told yourself.

~*~

Wiping the sweat from your forehead, you sighed out loud and placed a hand on your hip.

"You've really done well today, Y/N!" Meliodas exclaimed from the other side of the tavern, where he was sweeping up the floor after a busy day of work. "Take the rest of the day off and relax."

"Thanks, Captain," you breathed out happily.

You weren't even a member of the Seven Deadly Sins but you still had grown a habit of calling Meliodas "Captain". It wasn't necessarily a bat habit, but Ban found it very unusual, and would usually pick you up on it.

Stepping outside, you immediately noticed Diane sitting next to the tavern in her giant form. She had shrinking pills from Merlin, but only used them during the day.

"Diane, hey," you greeted her with a smile, causing the giant to look over and down at you, her face immediately lighting up at the sight of you.

"Hey, Y/N!" She exclaimed, holding out her hand for you to step on.

She lifted you up and placed you on her shoulder, the silence from before encasing you both again before you broke it.

"Diane...can I ask you a question?" You asked - sort of shyly as Diane picked up - looking down at your knees sadly.

"Of course," she replied, a little quieter as she knew you were feeling a little down since you weren't really smiling all day - not properly at least.

"You know that King's crazy about you?" You started, and Diane nodded. "How do you do it?"

"What do you mean?" Diane looked over at you on her shoulder.

"How do you make him go crazy about you?" You asked, your voice cracking a little as tears filled your eyes. "I mean, you like Captain and he knows that - but he never seems to notice me."

Diane knew about your feelings towards King, and because of it, she'd always tried to be more straightforward and blunt towards Meliodas. But King still never noticed that you were standing there, waiting for him to accept you.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I really am," she said, her voice full of sorrow and pity. "King is very...adamant. Once he sets his mind on something, he won't stop until that something's been achieved or whatever. I really wish I could help, but I don't know what to do anymore..."

"Don't worry, Diane," you sniffled, standing up and wiping your tears away. "It's not your fault. Could you put me down now?"

Diane picked you up with a frown and brought you up to her face. "Are you sure you're gonna be ok?"

You simply smiled and nodded - a fake smile of course - and that was all Diane could accept before she put you down on the floor.

Heading back into the tavern, you immediately spotted King and smiled at him, despite your eyes being red and cheeks glistening.

King may have been oblivious, but he wasn't stupid.

"Y/N, have you been crying?" He asked, worriedly.

"No," you lied. "I'm fine."

~*~

probably won't be writing a part two to this.