Subaru Sakamaki ~ Starvation

anime: diabolik lovers
kill me, this is going to be so ooc.

trigger warnings; none

~*~

Walking down the corridor of the abandoned mansion, you breathed out a sigh of somewhat relief.

School was over and you finally got the chance to sleep, something you'd missed doing so much ever since becoming a sacrificial bride for the Sakamaki brothers.

You'd started to get accustomed to the somewhat crazy lifestyle you were forced to live, but the blood sucking was proving to be a bit too much for you.

Being the only human in the house along with six other vampires definitely wasn't the most convenient thing in the world, but it wasn't like you had a choice to up and leave one day and never come back, as you didn't even know where remotely you were.

All you could do was suck it up ((ha, I'm punny)) and pretend like you were fine and healthy, but in reality you weren't.

As a result of having your blood sucked nearly everyday, you had started to lose appetite around nearly every meal, and you were beginning to become a lot skinnier and more pale, not that five of the six brothers cared to notice.

Those five were Kanato, Ayato, Reiji, Shu and Laito, but Subaru seemed to notice your physical state getting worse and stopped asking to drink your blood.

At first, you didn't really appear to notice that one of the six brothers wasn't present around you anymore, but you started seeing less and less of him as time went on, and you were starting to feel a bit worried and curious as to what was going on with him.

Walking past him bedroom, you heard a few heavy breaths and exclaims of pain coming from behind the wooden door, and you stopped walking for a moment to see if those noises were real or if you were just imagining them due to lack of blood and rest.

But, once again, you heard the grunts and agonising sounding breaths, and you scrunched your eyebrows up in worry, stepping back in front of the door and knocking on it a few times.

"Subaru?" You asked quietly, opening the door ajar to see the latter laying on the floor in the centre of the room writhing in his own pain.

His skin looked pale - well, paler than usual - and he was sweating immensely from his head to his toes, the clear liquid dripping down his forehead like tears.

"Subaru, what happened?" You asked worriedly, rushing over to his side and kneeling down beside, placing a hand on his shoulder as if to comfort him, but he swatted you away like a fly.

"Stay away from me!" Subaru yelled in pain, pushing you away every time you tried to get close to him.

"S-Subaru..." You started, but stopped yourself when you saw the way he was clutching his stomach in pain. "You've been starving yourself, haven't you?"

Subaru didn't answer, but instead kept panting and breathing heavily, and judging by the way he didn't object, you took that as a yes.

Sighing a little, you slipped off your school jacket and started unbuttoning your school shirt just enough for your neck and shoulders to be exposed.

"Drink my blood, Subaru, please," you begged. "I don't want you to torture yourself like this so just do it."

Subaru looked up at you weakly, and the small sweet smile spread across your face. He wanted to stop himself but he couldn't. The growling in his stomach was driving him towards temptation too much.

All of sudden, Subaru pounced on you, forcing you onto your back before he hungrily sank his fangs into your neck, sucking your blood like there was no tomorrow.

You bit your lip at the pain and feeling of nausea, but let him drink until he had had enough.

Pulling away, Subaru looked down at your pale, slim figure before sitting upright and helping you up, wiping the blood from the corner of his mouth before helping you dress yourself properly again.

"Subaru, why have you been starving yourself so much?" You asked, looking up at him with ill eyes as you raised a numb hand to your head and pushed your bangs out of the way.

"I've noticed how pale and skinny you've been looking lately, and I sort of felt sorry for you," he answered simply, and you raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry?" You asked. "Why have you been feeling sorry?"

"My brothers make me feel sick with the way they've been draining you, and it sickened me to the point where I couldn't bring myself around to feed off of you, or even spend five minutes with them alone, so I stopped coming down for dinner," he answered, looking away from you coolly. "It's better this way, trust me."

You'd always known Subaru had a soft side, but you'd never seen it before. It kind of shocked you, yet intrigued you.

"Well, it's obviously not if you're in pain from doing this all the time," you argued. "You drinking my blood doesn't hurt as much as starvation would."

"But it's pointless for me to drink your blood when I'm immortal anyway," Subaru countered. "This pain can't kill me, nothing can, so I think it's selfish of me to waste a human life just because I feel like it; it's not right."

"Subaru," you started softly, causing the boy to look at you. "I appreciate you caring about me and all, but you really don't need to. I was brought here as a sacrificial bride anyway, so I'll die sooner or later. Better to do it sooner than later, eh?"

Subaru didn't understand how you could be smiling while talking about death, or the harsh reality of it at least, but he hated it. He hated it so much, and he didn't want to waste or endanger another human life, not after what happened to Edgar...

"Y/N, I..." He started, but you cut him off by silencing him with a finger to his lips and a smile on your face.

You stood up and pulled the top of your jacket over your shoulder before heading to the door.

"No excuses, Subaru, I want to see you eating everyday from now on. Even if it's just a tiny bit, don't be afraid to come to me for blood. I'm just a few steps away," you reassured before leaving, and Subaru could hear your footsteps sounding away from the door with every step.

"Strange mortal," he muttered to himself, a smile spreading across his face nonetheless.

~*~

still copying and pasting old one-shots, sue me.