Yoosung Kim ~ Familiar Faces

anime: mystic messenger
oh lordy lord this boy holds a very special place in my heart.

note: also, pretend that yoosung is around 18 for this one-shot !!
trigger warnings; none

~*~

"Dammit, (username), you're really good!" Yoosung gasped, his voice bringing a smike to your face.

"You're not so bad yourself, LOLOLOverlord," you complimented. "Zombie 3 o'clock," you warned and Yoosung turned around, his character shooting the zombie before it could kill him.

"Thanks," he said before changing the subject. "So, you know which college you're going to yet?"

"Nope," you answered, popping the 'p', causing Yoosung to chuckle.

"How can you sound so calm when saying that?" He asked happily. "We do start back at school next week, you know."

"I know," you answered. "I'll probably submit my entry form on the last day of summer break knowing me. But enough about me, what college are you going to?"

"Sky," Yoosung replied without hesitation.

"Oh yeah, I think I got accepted into Sky too, but it's a bit far away from where I live," you said, and Yoosung's face lit up.

"You should totally go, (username)!" He exclaimed. "Then we would finally get to meet eachother!"

"I would love to, but I'm not sure my mum would be up for the thirty minute drive if I'm honest," you admitted nervously, rubbing the back of your neck.

Yoosung was about to say something back, say something about picking you up every morning, even though he knew that would be a bit stupid, but before he could say anything, your mum yelled at you from downstairs.

"Y/N, it's nearly midnight, get to bed!" She yelled, and you winced.

"Ok, mum!" You called back down to her and sighed. "Sorry, dude, I gotta go."

"No worries," Yoosung replied, and you could imagine him smiling despite never actually seeing his face. "But wait, your name is Y/N?"

"Uh...yeah, I thought I'd told you that," you said, logging out of the game but not ending the call yet.

"No, I don't think you did," Yoosung answered. "Besides, I would remember a name as pretty as that."

"I have the name of a man," you snorted, and Yoosung chuckled.

"Nah, I think it's cute!" He exclaimed, and you giggled.

"Thanks, LOLOLOverlord," you teased, and Yoosung pouted.

"I have a name too, you know," he muttered, and you raised an eyebrow.

"Really?! My God, I could've never guessed!" You gushed sarcastically and Yoosung genuinely laughed. "But, seriously though, what is your name? I don't want to have to keep calling you by your username, it's cringy."

"Rude!" Yoosung yelled in mock pain. "But it's Yoosung; Yoosung Kim."

"Y/N - Y/N L/N," you replied, not giving Yoosung any time to answer before ending the call and deciding to call it a night.

Meanwhile, Yoosung couldn't stop thinking about you.

Your voice sounded so pretty, and he could imagine an even prettier face to go with it, far prettier than the likes of Zen, that's for sure.

Logging out of the game, Yoosung collapsed on his bed, thinking about a time when he would actually meet you, and wishing that the summer break would end soon...

~*~

Yoosung got lost on his first day.

He knew he shouldn't have thrown away that map that his homeroom teacher gave him, but Yoosung never really did seem to learn from his mistakes.

Wandering down the corridors, Yoosung turned the corner to be met with a very pretty girl.

She had (hair colour) hair and beautiful (eye colour) eyes, and she was around the dame height as Yoosung, perhaps a bit shorter.

She had the badge of 'student voice' on her, and Yoosung recognised that to be a position for first-years.

"You lost?" She asked, seeming to understand Yoosung's problem before even speaking to him.

"I, uh..." Yoosung said, his mind spinning.

That voice...he recognised it from somewhere...

"No worries, my friend, everyone gets lost on their first day," she said confidently, her voice definitely ringing some bells in Yoosung's head. "I'm surprised that I didn't with how big this place is."

Yoosung wanted to say something, but he didn't want to sound rude. If he mistook you for someone else, he would never hear the end of it.

"Luckily, you only missed out on the tour," she explained, taking a step towards Yoosung. "The entrance ceremony is about to start, and you don't want to miss that. Come on, I'll take you there."

She grabbed Yoosung's hand, the contact startling Yoosung at first, but he soon grew used to the warmth.

"I'm Y/N, by the way," she said, and Yoosung felt his heart stop. "And you are?"

"Y-Yoosung," he answered, and you stopped walking.

"Wait..." You said quietly, turning around and looking up at him. "Yoosung Kim?"

Yoosung nodded, and your face lit up with joy.

"No way, dude, you're so hot!" You exclaimed, playfully punching him in the arm. "And you're taller than me, no fair!"

Yoosung chuckled nervously. "You're pretty cute yourself, Y/N, but I thought that Sky was a thirty minute drive from your house."

"Oh, I took the bus," you replied, starting to walk alongside Yoosung towards the assembly hall. "Still a thirty minute drive, but it beats my mum bugging me about playing video games all night."

You were so pretty, Yoosung couldn't even focus on what you were saying. You were so sweet, it was astounding. The way you could talk to Yoosung despite not even knowing that it was him made him feel like you were the coolest person in the world.

Perhaps Yoosung could get used to this...

~*~

really rushed and shitty ending but hey, yoosung.