Rin Okumura ~ Monster

anime: blue exorcist
generic plot idea no.2 (no.1 was that atsushi one) and i'm still here reusing my old plotlines because i am lazyyyyy !

trigger warnings; coarse language

~*~

Rin should've known that it was a bad idea to take you out on a date at night, but he was always so busy during the day and you two never really got to see eachother much anymore.

Even Yukio had told him that this wasn't a good idea, as the amount of demon specimens had been increasing around campus, but the boy was desperate to spend time with you, and Rin wasn't particularly known for his brains in fhe first place.

But if he'd known that this date would involve him having to reveal his power, Rin would've definitely thought twice about taking you out.

~*~

"You really should respect Yukio more, you know," you scolded teasingly. "He may be your teacher, but he is your brother aswell."

Rin sighed, bringing his hand out of his pocket to run it through his hair before burying it back in his jacket.

"Yukio knows I'm just messing with him; besides, I have the upper hand," he proclaimed smugly, and you snorted.

"What?" You asked, trying to hold in your laughter.

"Well, since you asked, I guess I could tell you," he tittered. "I have the most beautiful, most funniest, most smartest girlfriend in the world, while Yukio is probably married to his work."

You rolled your eyes playfully. "Oh, how sweet, Rin, and totally not cliché."

Rin was about to reply with something witty and funny when he heard something behind him.

Stopping dead in his tracks, Rin's grip on your hand tightened. You looked back at him, noticing the concentrated look on his face.

"Rin, what's wrong?" You whispered, not wanting to disturb whatever he was brainstorming.

Rin should've known that it was a bad idea to take you out on a date at night, if only he'd have brought his sword...

Stepping infront of you, Rin placed his hands firmly on your shoulders, not hesitating for a moment before he leaned down to kiss you deeply, almost like it was the last time he would feel your lips against his.

When he pulled away, your brows creased in worry and confusion and you tried to read Rin's facial expression, but you couldn't.

"Rin, what's going on?" You asked firmly, and Rin shook his head.

"Look, that doesn't matter right now. What does matter is that you go back to campus and get my brother. Just tell him that we have a code red and he should understand," Rin explained, and you nodded along the way. "Once you've told him, stay in the dorm room and don't leave under any circumstances, ok?"

"Rin, I...yes, I understand, but what's all of this for?" You asked, and Rin cupped the side of your face gently.

"Just go and don't look back," he replied softly, and you nodded hesitantly.