The Tikwi

The Tikwi is a creature of Philippines.It is also called Manananggal.Manananggal is a difficult word to say.

The Tikwi usually resembles as a female human but frightening and ugly.She has massive bat wings from which she flies.Another feature is that it can segment in half when she want.Her favorite food is unborn fetus hearts which the Tikwi sucks out from bellies of sleeping pregnant woman.When she can't eat this,she will use her long proboscis to drink a sleeping person's blood instead.She is kind of a vampire.There are many films made on her.

The Tikwi have many weaknesses like garlic,salt,light,vinegar,daggers,spices and stingray tails.The best weapon to get rid of her is to wait for her to separate her body from her lower half,when she does so;rub the garlic or salt to her standing torso which then destroys it.The top half of the creature can't reattach and at daybreak it will die.

There is a story of a man-A man lived in Philippines and was working late one night.It was about 2'o clock in the morning when he began to walk to the bus station.He walked this path many times ;he passed by a house which has a dog in it.It always bark at him but today he just stared at him.Just then he heard a sound-Tikwi,Tikwi.He know about the Tiwki.He continued walking to the bus station and he could still hear the sound.Then he saw a security booth with a guard inside.He didn't want to wait at station alone so he went inside the security booth.He was sure that the guard heard it too.Finally when the bus arrived,he ran out of the booth and into the bus.The sound of the Tikwi was going fainter and fainter.The next day,he told the co-workers what happened.Then one of them told him"Tikwis are master tricksters.The further away they sound,they closer they are.

What would you do if you were in his condition?