Chapter 18

Rydel POV

I woke up and found myself in bed with Ratliff. He must have carried me up before dozing off as well. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before i went downstairs.

"Oh my god" i muttered. Someone was in the house. The living room had been ransacked. The clothes are everywhere. Picture frames barely hanging. Dishes everywhere on the floor. I screamed at the top of my legs in attempt to wake Ratliff and get him down here. He never responded. I went up to the room and shaked him. No response. By the time i was already crying my eyes out. "Ellington.. Wake up please.. Wake up for me.." I leaned towards his chest. HE WAS BREATHING!! Thank god! "Who did this to you ratliff! WHO DID THIS TO YOU?" I shout-whispered at his chest. I dragged him to the shower and turned on the cold water. Water dripped down his hair. My poor baby.. Suddenly,he responded and started thrashing the water. "Rydel..?" He whispered. His voice was hoarse. I laid my head on his chest and one of my hand on the side of his face. I let the water wet my hair. "Rydel...." Ratliff said again. "Shh.." I placed my cold hand in his cheek. "I thought i lost you.. I could never live without you.." I was crying. I felt a tear on my finger. He grabbed my hand and said "i will never leave you." He gave me a short kiss.

"So do you know who did this?" Ratliff asked as we walked down the stairs. He was drying his hair with a towel.
"I don't know who did this. And i don't wanna make wild guesses."
We have already called the police and are awaiting their arrival. Soon,the police came. They took done DNA and recorded some stuff. Then interviewed us. Ratliff placed an arm on my shoulder.
"Do you know who might have came into your house?" The investigator asked
"We don't sir" ratliff helped me answer.
They asked a few more questions before leaving.

Ratliff POV

We went back to our room. Rydel plopped on the bed and started crying into her palms. I put my hand on her thigh and rubbed circles gently.
"Hey hey.. Don't cry.. Rydel,I don't know who did it but all i know is that after i carried you to the bed,someone was behind me and injected me with a serum or something. I didn't see who it was.... "
Rydel touched my face And smiled weakly.
"All i could think of was someone touching you like i touched you. I would never forgive myself if i let something like that happen..." I let a tear fall down my cheek.
Rydel attacked me with kisses and said "i love you"
I kissed her on her forehead. "I love you more."

We started packing a few clothes. We were staying at the Lynch's house for a while til things are settled.

I drove there. When we knocked on the door,Rydel started crying into my chest. I rubbed the side of her arm gently. Ross opened the door and he looked.... Almost shocked to see us here.
"Umm hi guys?" He said.
Something smelled fishy about him...