The Perfect Master Plan

Beginne am Anfang

"You looked..." Dinah eyed me up and down pretty intensely, "You looked like the same Camila who's brave enough to dive in for someone she loves no matter what the consequences are. I feel like the Camila I've been with for the past 5 years suddenly disappeared and all I can see was the young Camila all of a sudden. I don't know what happened but I'm happy to see to her. When Lauren left... I thought I'd never see her again. But then she came back, so did you."

I take in every single words that left Dinah's mouth. Some part of me feels happy knowing the old Camila's back. I mean, I missed her too. And just like Dinah, I thought I'd never see her again. But then she came and I've never been more happy at this time of my life than right at this very moment. The person that I was for the past 5 years was never really me. The pain and heartache changed me so much that I couldn't recognize myself anymore. I've learned to put a mask and be heartless at times cause that's how I protect myself from getting hurt. And now that I let go all of the grudge and hatred in my heart, I finally found the peace and happiness I've been searching for a long time.

"Yeah," I look down, "I'm happy to see her too."

But then... some part of me is scared. Scared that one day I might cross the line and it happens again. I'm scared to hurt someone especially Shawn. He's been good to me and to my son. He saved me from falling apart. He loved me when I couldn't even love myself. And over time I learned to love him, and maybe it's not as strong as my love for Lauren but at this very moment it's him that my heart's beating for. And that still counts, right?

I heard footsteps approaching me so I lift my head up only to see Dinah making this weird hand gestures.

"What the hell are you doing, Dinah?"

"Ssh!"

She closed her eyes and started murmuring words I cannot understand. I watched her do her weird creepy ritual for a moment with a furrowed eyebrows.

After a couple of minutes, Dinah open her eyes and winked at me.

"All done."

"What was that?"

"Oh that? Well, I just cast a curse spell on you."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows even more, totally confused. "What curse spell are you talking about?"

"Are you sure you want to know? Cause I bet you won't like it."

"Tell me."

"You'll hate me for it."

"Just... tell me, okay?" I said impatiently.

"Okay then," Dinah bit down her bottom lip to prevent the huge devious smile from creeping in, "That you'll fall In love with Lauren again."

"Dinah!"

Dinah burst out laughing. I'm about to reach her so I could smack her in the head but the Polynesian girl already saw it coming. She hurriedly run off as far away from me as possible while laughing deviously.

"Take it back!" I chase her down while laughing as well.

"This curse will last till the end of time. No power on earth could change it." Dinah imitate Maleficent's voice as we continue our mini chase down game outside the coffee shop.

"Dinah Jane Milika Ilaisaane Hansen Amasio, I will kill you!"

***

The laughter of both Clark and Lauren is the first thing I heard the moment I step out of my car. I take a sneak peak at the garden where they are and they're currently playing go cart.