Unstoppable

I looked down at the cuts and bruises on my skin,knowing that I married the wrong person.It has been 5 months since I married my husband John,he isn't the person who I imagined I would end up with,he abuses and hurts me whenever he wants to.Before I married him he threatened to kill my family and whoever stands in our way of marriage.Making this decision meant saving my family's life,now I stand here looking at myself bruises covering half of my face.I walked towards the kitchen unsure of what I was going to do.I held the knife close to my face watching it glisten in the light.I tried to stop myself from making a stupid mistake when the door slammed closed.
"Jennifer, I'm home!" as soon as I heard John call my name I dropped the knife.The steps grew closer and I was afraid of what was going to happen next.He stood in front of me leaning in to kiss me but as usual I didn't respond back.His eyes went straight to where the knife was laying when he his gaze turned back to me, he pulled my hair.
"What were you thinking Jennifer as long as I'm alive your not going anywhere!" I tried to pull back but the pain shot through my head.
"I-I'm sorry it won't happen again." I managed to say in between tears.He let go of my hair and suddenly slapped me across the face.He left to his room never to come back out.I sat down on the floor,my hands covering my face,crying out all the pain I felt.
One week had passed since the incident more bruises and marks covered my arms.I talked to my parents and from that moment I decided to take John to court,so we could get divorced.When I told John about this he got really mad and told me that one day he would get me back.After I won the case he looked at me as the police were carrying him out,
"I'll come back for your life Jennifer!" were the last words I heard from him.Ever since that day I have been living my life with fear,afraid of my own shadow.Every little sound scared me.
After 8 months I was no longer insecure or scared.I decided to start my life in a new way.I met a guy named Daniel who valued me for who I was.He loved me more than anything and I loved him back.He was the best thing that had ever happened to me and in 2 more months we were going to get married.
I came back home from work everything seemed normal but as soon as I stepped through the door it turned into a total nightmare.There was a tall man standing in front of Daniel kicking and punching him.
"Leave him alone!" I yelled at the man who turned out to be John.
"Don't you remmenber me Jennifer?!" he said in a low voice that sent every little memory I had with him back in my mind.
"How coul I not!" I said as I tried to read his expression which showed pure hatred.He was about to punch Daniel in the head when my neighbor called out,
"Are you okay? I heard yelling coming out your house,everything's fine?" I was about to call out for help when John came from behind me one hand covering my mouth the other holding a gun to my head.
"Tell her everything's fine or I'll kill both of you." he whispered in my ear sending chills up my spine.
"Everything is fine." I said as my neighbor responded back,
"Either way I called the police!" as soon as John heard this he escaped through the window but before he did I heard a gunshot.I looked down at myself but then I realized that I wasn't the only person in the room.When I turned aroun my heart literally stopped I ran towards Daniel putting his body on my lap,cradling him like a baby.Tears streaming down my cheeks,he reached towards my face his light touch wiping away the tears.I held his hand close to my face and leaned down,our lips touching for the last time.We gazed in to each other's eyes when he said in a weak voice,
"I love you." his eyes closing for the last time.I wanted to weep and yell, holding his lifeless body closer to me.When I finally found the words I said,
"I love you too."