33

" 잃을까 겁나"

...May 2014...

"I've heard a ruckus. Somewhere near the main road..."

Taking a conclusion from the Yoo Jin's last call with Da Hye, Jung Kook took him and Da Hye to search thoroughly between the main road and the fast-food restaurant.

"Keep calling her, we might find something at least." Jung Kook said. Yoo Jin walked behind him with the phone on her right hand, kept calling Da Hye's phone; Jung Kook grabbed her left hand tightly.

"Jung Kook, are you sure about this?" The fast-food restaurant gotten near and they hadn't found anything. Ignoring Yoo Jin's words, Jung Kook kept an eye on the food stand with a few drunkards not so far from them.

Honestly, he felt pestered about the thought that Da Hye was walking through this dangerous path alone by herself. Maybe it looked less dangerous than the west path with its wandering killer or something. But they were same. Just chose between the quiet and dark path or the path crowded by the drunkards.

"Yoo Jin, did she tell you where she had been? It's not the usual path she took." Jung Kook mumbled.

"No, she didn't say anything about that."

"Oh, okay. Just keep calling." Jung Kook said.

"Look, I'm calling her since earlier, but- Oh! She's answering!!! Hello? Hello? Sung Da Hye, are you there?? Jung Kook, she doesn't- what?" Yoo Jin nearly bumped into Jung Kook's back. He was suddenly stopped his steps without warning. His eyes widened at the view in front of him; the alley might be dark, but he could still describe clearly what he saw.

"Jung Kook, what-" Yoo Jin gasped, her eyes widened, just like Jung Kook's. She dropped her phone on the ground with a loud thud.

There was maybe about 3 or 4 men; surrounding someone on the ground, all bloody and looked very horrible. It wasn't just 'someone', it was Da Hye...

"HEY!!" Jung Kook shouted at the top of his lungs. The men quickly left the scene and scattered away with a slightly wobbling steps, they were drunk.

Jung Kook; who regained his sense back, turned around and faced Yoo Jin. Placing his hands on Yoo Jin's shoulders and shook her up a little, Jung Kook tried to pull Yoo Jin back to her sense.

"Yoo Jin, look! Call 911 now!"

After telling Yoo Jin to call 911, Jung Kook ran toward Da Hye. He frowned at the view before his eyes. She was lying down; facing the ground. Her hair was messy. She had cuts here and there. Her white one-piece dress was ripped and stained with the bloods. Her eyes closed and blood continued to gush out through the cuts on her arms and legs.

She clutched her cellphone...

"Da Hye, Da Hye, can you hear me?! Wake up, open your eyes!!" Jung Kook took Da Hye to his embrace carefully. But Da Hye didn't give any response. Jung Kook tried his best to wake Da Hye up, even though he knew that maybe Da Hye had passed out due to the bad injures, he just kept trying.

His hands were trembling. He scared. He scared if Da Hye's life would just slipped away just like this. Tears threatened to stream down on his cheeks. But Jung Kook wiped it away quickly. He didn't want to cry in front of Yoo Jin. He wanted to prove to Yoo Jin that he's reliable. He could handle this kind of situation.

But guess what, he just couldn't. Suddenly, a thought of Ji Min filled his mind. All about his call at the dawn, his request to take a good care of his soon-to-be wife,

...and his soon-to-be son/daughter...

The tears he hardly held back were streamed down his cheeks at last; without emotion. Strangely, he didn't feel anything besides the guilt at last. Yoo Jin was crying as well beside him; holding on her cellphone tightly against her ear; explaining.

I'm sorry, Hyung...

^_^