Review 34 ↠ Farhampton

Title: Farhampton

Author: @ashtonnirwin

Genre: Fanfiction 

Rating: 9.0

_______________________________________

Well hello Nicole! Let me just say, I love this story. I’m a sucker for short stories anyhow, but yours has to be a top three in my book. There are, of course, a few minor speculations. 

Your cover is fantastic. I love the dress that the girl is wearing. Farhampton wasn’t ever mentioned in the book, but, as I am an avid fan, I recognized the name from How I Met Your Mother. Needless to say, I enjoyed your version/spinoff much more than that. The quote you decided to use on the front is perfect. I do wish you could flip the picture so that she was descending the staircase though. Regardless, I love the cover.

I saw a few little grammatical issues and some spelling errors. My main issue is the 3rd person writing with different point of views. It’s kind of confusing. I think you should just take out the bolded POV changes and just leave it all as one piece. I think that would help the flow. That’s just my opinion, though.  

The plot of this is a little muddled for those that don’t recognize it. Other than that, the story speaks for itself. Each character has their own emotional struggles and you portray them just enough to let the reader imagine their amount of pain. The ending confused me a bit because it’s so jumpy and there are so many names in it, but that’s something a little editing can fix.

All things considered, I think your story is fantastic. Once you edit just a bit, it will be as close to perfect as anyone can get. I really do like how you portrayed this plot, great job. Please take my thoughts into consideration and let me know what you think below. x