Review 24 ↠ For Now

Title: For Now 

Author: @paradise_serenity

Genre: Fanfiction

Rating: 8.5

_____________________________________________

Hello, Trisha darling! Sorry, I’ve just always wanted to say that. You are next in a long line of incredible writers that I have reviewed. I am once again blown away by the amount of description you can add in such a small amount of time without making it seem rushed or crammed in.

As for your cover, I am not so amazed. I hate to break it to you, but the title of your book doesn’t even stand out. Don’t get me wrong; I love the picture of Louis. It’s just that the picture doesn’t lend itself to covers. You probably know this, but having your username and title readily visible is imperative. Otherwise, your cover is almost useless.

Grammar wise you are definitely in the clear. I like your verb usage, the switching up of levels of speech. You also don’t switch verb tenses in the middle of chapters! Yay! That’s fantastic. The only thing I would suggest is for you to mix up your compound and complex sentences with just a few simple sentences. This helps break up long sentences that can seem like run-ons to readers. 

There is not much plot to review yet, as you know. However, your prologue is fantastic. It creates a sense of mystery and wonder for the reader. In the second chapter, your reference to him is interesting. I love the way you drop little hints in your writing. Kacey’s character is going to be complex I think. She seems like she’s got history, and I’m excited to find out how she became best friends with Mila.

Overall I like how casual your writing is so far. It definitely needs time to develop, but I also think it has a great chance in the great world of Wattpad. The little details you throw in are fantastic, perfect treats for the reader. You have a talent of drawing people in; it’s amazing. Hopefully this helped a bit. Please let me know what you think below!