Review 31 ↠ 100 Letters to Louis

Title: 100 Letters To Louis

Author: @TotallyNotRelevant

Genre: Fanfiction

Rating: 9.0

_____________________________________________

Well hello there, Aaron. I would like to preface this review by saying that all boys are not stupid. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that you are quite the opposite, if your writing has anything to do with it. Onwards to the book though! I have to be honest; I was skeptical when I saw that this was a Larry Stylinson book because most are scantily written. Your book was quite the opposite and I was pleasantly surprised. 

Your cover is quite simple. However, I like that. Simplicity is a delicate art and with a title like yours, I feel like it fits like a charm. Old, parchment letters wouldn’t fit and neither would a typewriter or something of that sort. I do wish that your username were on it though, that way I could find you more easily, as I am sure there are an awful lot of Aarons in this great big world. The only thing I really wish you would do is spell out ‘100’ because I think it would be more fitting for the serious emotion in the book, but that’s just me and my opinion. All things considered, I think that your cover is quite the fit.

There are a couple of little typos that I noticed in your writing, really nothing major. Your verb agreement is fantastic, which I know is hard to keep up when you write letters. I love the adjectives you chose to use; they allow the reader to choose just how much emotion Harry is feeling. It almost gives you enough leeway to let this be a regular fanfiction. You did a great job in the grammar department.

As for your plot, I love it. I, personally, have read a lot of books centered around letters and yours coveys a different emotion that I simply cannot pinpoint. It’s not necessarily longing or love; it’s that emotion that everyone feels, that in-between that you can’t quite put your finger on. When Harry broke, I felt a connection. There is always a point in everyone’s life where they just break and the simplicity that you wrote that with made it all the more painful to imagine. The writing style you use is fantastic. I mean, fantastic. You slay me, really. I want to see everything from Louis’ point of view. I want to know the full backstory. You deserve a round of applause. 

In conclusion, I do believe you have surprised me. I love this story, even though I’m not an advocate of Larry Stylinson. The raw emotion you portray in such simple words compels me in a way that I don’t understand. Your writing is beautiful and I just want to read more. In fact, I am looking in to your other stories. Congratulations on your skills Aaron, they are amazing. The only reason I rated this as a 9.0 is because you aren’t very far in yet, only a third or so, and there’s always room for improvement in anyone’s writing. Please let me know what you think below. Again, not all boys are stupid- some can portray emotion as you have so beautifully proven.