"I think I'm going into labor! My contractions are only 5 minutes apart!"

"You weren't due for another week though!"

As Tyler says that, I look down and there is a pool of water around my feet.

"I think my water just broke!"

"Uh uh ok. We need to get you to the hospital now. Get in the car and I'll grab your bags and call our family."

***at the hospital***

Tyler pulls in to the hospital parking lot like a mad man and immediately puts me into the first wheelchair we see and barges into the hospital doors.

"Help! My wife is in labor!"

As soon as he says that, a couple nurses come running over toward me and help get me to the maternity ward.

One of the nurses probably could tell that I've never done this before and that I'm freaking out because she grabs my hand and tells me that everything is going to be okay and that I'm gonna do great. I just need to breathe.

I really wasn't in the mood to hear anybodies advice or opinions but what she said actually helped to calm me down a little bit.

Tyler is running along side the nurses and is crying which makes me cry.

"This is it Jen, we're gonna meet our baby girl."

The nurses get me into a room and put me on the bed and tell me that the doctor will be in soon to help me with my delivery.

The doctor walks in after about an hour and seems pretty nice.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Joseph, I'm Doctor Mullins. I'm just gonna check to see how dialated you are. Oh wow! It seems you are already 10 cm dialated! That's impressive! You actually can start pushing now!"

***after pushing***

"Ok Jenna! Last push!"

I push as hard as I can and then all the sudden I hear a baby crying. My baby. Our baby.

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Joseph! You're parents to a beautiful healthy baby girl! Would you like to hold her?"

Tyler and I both say yes excitedly and the doctor hands us our baby.

"So what's her name?" the doctor asks.

Tyler and I look at each other and say

"Brooklyn Leigh Joseph."

***morning after the birth***

"Tyler, we should let the clique know. I'm sure they'll appreciate that."

"Ok Jenna! I have the perfect picture."

tylerrjoseph: brooklyn leigh joseph

tylerrjoseph: brooklyn leigh joseph. may 16, 2017 at 7:48 pm. 7 lb 5 oz. 19 inches. my little love.

jennaajoseph: my heart can fit in my arms right now

jennaajoseph: my heart can fit in my arms right now. brooklyn leigh joseph. may 16 will forever and always be a special day.