August 3 2016 (part 6)

Tyler's POV

"Tyler, I'm pregnant."

Oh my god. This can't be happening. It's too good to be true.

"Oh my god Jenna! Seriously?!" I say with a huge smile on my face.

"I'm serious, Ty. You're gonna be a father!"

As she says that she looks like she's gonna start crying and I think I'm about to, too so I pull her into the biggest hug and we just start crying together.

"I can't believe we're gonna be parents." she whispers into my shoulder. "Besides getting married to you, this is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love you so much Tyler."

"I love you too, Jenna. I'm so happy for us."

We pull apart and I start trying to wrap my head around all this. I can't believe this is actually happening.

"Do Maddy and Tatum know?" I ask.

"Of course! Maddy was the one that suggested to me that I was pregnant!" she happily says back. "I'm gonna head downstairs to tell them that I told you. You can come down whenever you want."

After Jenna heads downstairs, I'm still trying to process all of this and of course being me, I can never be happy with these types of things but rather I always have to overthink it and give myself unnecessary anxiety.

What if I'm not a good father? What if I can't do this? Can I keep my career? What if the baby dies? What if Jenna dies during childbirth? What if the baby is really sick? What if the baby is paralyzed? What if I have to make a choice between the life of Jenna or the life of the baby? Who would I choose? How do I tell Jenna about the other baby that she lost in the car accident?

A knock on my door snaps me out of my morbid thoughts.

"Who is it?"

"It's Maddy!" the person behind the door says.

"Come in!"

"Hey Ty! So Jenna told me that she told you the amazing news! You must be so excited! I'm so happy for you guys. You're gonna be awesome parents!" she says with a huge, stupid smile on her face.

"Thanks Maddy. I really appreciate that. I am really excited but I'm really nervous too. I keep thinking of everything that could go wrong with this whole thing and I really don't want a repeat with what happened with the other baby."

As soon as I said that, I see Jenna standing in the corner looking and Maddy and I and she asks, "What other baby are you taking about, Ty?"