Chapter 49/121: Investigation and Risk

Read+Enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Bethany Kunis.

I furrowed my eyebrows, as I scanned the search results I got from simply typing her name.

She had an official account, and something like twenty fan or news accounts.

Selecting the official one, I got into her page, officially making my debut as a social media stalker.

Well, it's not like I have bad intentions, so don't feel bad, Char.

'Business entrepreneur at the Kunis Enterprises/ A model at the Kunis Modeling Agency' —were posted in her bio.

I gulped, wow, she's quite successful.

Stalking her images, I saw she hadn't posted any image of her and Mr. Leonard two days ago.

I bit my lips, and scrolled up to her bio again.

Hmm, the Kunis Enterprises... I have not heard of any deal for us with them before.

I sighed, and googled the page of the Enterprises.

I only found some general info concerning the year it was found, the founders, the co-founders, and its recent products.

Nothing of what I wished to find.

I stretched my hands up, another sigh escaping me loudly, "Gah!! I'm running in such a closed maze!"

"Oh baby, I'll help you out!" —Came a cheerful, bubbly and playful voice from the direction of the door.

I jumped, smiling softly, "Ah, Sarah!!"

The half-Lebanese made a swift dance move, as she approached my desk. "What's up, habibte?"

**Habibte: darling (Lebanese)**

I returned the smile back, but it twitched a bit because I was uncomfortable about something. "Um, nothing much!" I shrugged.

She wasn't really buying that, as she turned around the desk and stood beside me, gazing at the screen where my failed research was.

She blinked, "Bethany Kunis? Wait, that's the business entrepreneur of the Kunis Enterprises!"

I nodded, silently, letting out a sigh.

Dowell kept on gazing at the shiny screen. "It's been a while since I've last seen her though, we cut our ties with their company years ago."

I frowned softly, "Why?"

She shrugged, "I don't really know the details about this, but well, I recall they played dirty."

"Dirty?"

She nodded, "They changed in the contracts, tried faking Rickboo's signature, such stuff, you know," She shrugged. "And I recall they partnered with some enemies of Rick."

I nodded in return, "You mean people like Byron?"

She shook her head, "Byron was merely a tool, the Kunises partnered with people like those who sent Byron."