Chapter 44/116: Murderer

Read+Enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Trevor Ellington Conway's expression went through a phase of utter freeze, taking its time to register what was going on.

And then it seemed to have sunk in.

The old president's grey eyes snapped down to the revolver pointed in his direction, and then towards the someone behind me.

The chairman's eyes became murderous.

"You're raising your silly gun," He spoke precisely, his lips never even parting, his jaw slowly clenching, "Against your own father,"

His lips finally parted, and his eyes widened not in surprise, but in clear cold, yet murderous madness.

"For the sake of a woman again, you worthless brat!"

I shuddered, and his voice had been a little louder than before.

I eyed the veins in his forehead, still popping, though they were even larger than they were a moment ago.

I tried parting my lips, but no words came out.

From behind Trevor, I could see Reina Collins trying to move, her expression bewildered.

Tears were strolling down her face, and her almond eyes were beyond wide and shaking, her lips quivered while opened wide.

She was also eying the person behind me.

I gulped, and, without even looking, dared to sink against the person behind me.

His chest was broad, muscular, like I'd always known it.

It radiated a drugging kind of warmth.

His scent was as strong and intoxicating as ever, it made my lower stomach clench in... want.

As I sank back against him, I could feel him stiffen for a second, but then relax gently.

"Such an impressive crowd to cover up what's going on, Chairman." The hair at the back of my neck stood up, as his unique voice echoed, supreme, dead cold, and dangerous.

I arched my head softly upwards to gaze at the handsome profile of Rickard Ellington Conway.

My heart stumbled over its own beats.

His jaw, covered with a thin yet hot layer of stubble, was dead clenched. His neck muscles were brutally compressed, and then came his eyes...

His eyes alone were an all different story.

The black of his pupils were shrunken, and the deep blue of his irises were enlarged, occupying most of the area of his eyeballs.

The ocean blue was dim, and it had something like waves in a storm.

They reflected, for the first time since I'd known him, emotions.

And yet, as humorous as it seems, emotions far from being humane.

They seemed more like animalistic instincts.

It was like Trevor Ellington had awakened a beast.

His forehead was clenched, and his eyebrows were furrowed for some millimeters.

I gulped, as I eyed the storming murder within his eyes.

God.

I have never seen this intensity within his eyes except against his father.