Chapter 6/78: Bitter Chocolate

Excited? Vote and let us know by commenting!
~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I stared into him as if I was staring at some foreign alien.

My expression purely mirrored lack of realization. As if I didn't fathom what he had just said. As if his words didn't sink in.

"Huh?" My eyes were slightly wide, as they quivered before the power of his.

The light went back to the elevator at that, and I could hear voices from outside, but I didn't give a double damn.

Apprehension slowly started sinking in as his deep, ocean-like eyes lost mine, and he didn't look at me anymore.

The dim light which has not shone fully yet added some shadows to his hard and angled features, and his face was void of expression.

My lips parted, shivering, as my wide eyes slowly blurred, but tears fell down not.

I tried moving my lips to utter something, but I couldn't. I tried to speak, but meaningless utters came out as I shook my head.

"E-Excuse me?" I stuttered again.

He kept silent, as he arched his head to the door; his position mirroring that he was listening to the voices outside.

"Y-You're dismissing me?!" I raised my voice now, turning his attention to me.

He fixed me with his cool gaze, and once again I had to admit how similar his eyes were to an ocean. They were iridescent, flecked with every shade of blue.

I looked into them with glassy orbs, searching. Searching for a single twitch in the depths of his oceans to tell me that what he'd said was all a lie. To tell me I'd heard wrong.

But no. This was Rickard Ellington Conway, and his eyes were his mirror.

They were what uncovered his sincerity in whatever he said, they never lied.

And now they were clearly mirroring what he was saying: the truth.

A sob escaped me, but my tears didn't spill, I just backed a step away from him, and shook my head in disbelief.

"Y-You want me to leave?!" I breathed in pained disbelief.

A twitch in his jaw flickered, and he looked away from me, his eyes losing mine.

Blood rose to my head.

Don't mess with me, you bloody...

I crossed the two steps separating us, and stood directly before him.

As my eyes shot up with clear tears in them, I reached my hands up. To his chiseled jaw.

The height difference made the mission a hard one, but I managed to reach him when I raised my hands enough.

And I turned his head to the right and down to face mine.

His eyes widened at my unexpected action, and I kept my shivering hands on his face, seeping warmth from his features.

"Look into me!" I breathed, my voice hurt. "D-Don't avoid me like this!" I pleaded softly.

He seemed −since quite a while− speechless, as he eyed me with his wide beads, not a sound escaping him.

"Wh-What are you blabbering?!" I snapped at him, "What the heavens are thinking?!"

His eyes regained their normal size, and he fixed me with his conceited glare.