Chapter 17

We sped out of the shop and ran down the street in the opposite direction of Myungsoo's dorm.

Behind us, I could hear screams coming from the group of girls as they tried to push their way out the doors.

I tried my best to keep up with Myungsoo as we ran down street after street, trying to lose the group of girls who were hot on our heels.

"They're getting closer! We can't shake then off!" I shouted at Myungsoo.

"Yes, we can!" Myungsoo shouted back at me. "Trust me!"

Just as I felt as though I was going to collapse from all that running, we turned a corner and Myungsoo pulled me into a small gap between the buildings.

It was a tight squeeze with barely enough room for the both of us. But fortunately, it was quite dark and we managed to hide in the shadows.

We held our breaths as the group of girls rushed past, still screaming their heads off.

We stood still, crouching in the shadows until we were sure that the group of girls were nowhere near our hiding spot.

"Phew, that was cl-" the rest of my sentence was forgotten when I turned to look at Myungsoo, only to realize that our faces were less than an inch apart.

I couldn't meet his intense gaze and shifted uncomfortably in that small space, trying to get out. But apparently Myungsoo had other ideas and put both his hands up against the wall on either sides of my head.

I looked up at him, confused. "Are you okay?" he whispered, his breath tickling my ear.

I blushed and nodded. I could feel my heart hammering in my chest and hoped that Myungsoo wouldn't hear it.

I tried to wriggle out of the gap but Myungsoo made no attempt to release me.

I cleared my throat, trying to calm my nerves.

"Um..." I racked my brain, trying to think of something to say to break the awkward atmosphere between us.

"Why were those girls chasing you?" I asked Myungsoo. He just shrugged. "Dunno."

I couldn't understand how he was being so calm about the whole thing.

"What do you mean you don't know? Why did she call you L? Who is L and how does he-"

Everything I was about to ask was forgotten as Myungsoo's lips found mine.

My back was pressed against the cold stone wall as Myungsoo kissed me gently. His lips were soft against mine and I felt my knees go weak at his touch.

He finally pulled away after awhile. His ragged breathing was loud in the small space.

"As I was saying back at the shop," he breathed into my ear. "Nana..will you be my girlfriend?"

I felt all the blood rush to my face. I gathered up my courage and leaned in to give him a peck on the lips.

"Yes."