Chapter 5

"Look at how tall the trees are!"

"And the leaves! They're beautiful!!"

"This would make a great photo..."

We were strolling down the path with rows of trees on either side of us, taking as many photos as we can.

The weather was perfect with sunlight breaking through the trees and a slight breeze in the air.

Myungsoo suddenly stopped in his tracks and pointed at a statue of a couple staring into each other's eyes.

"Look! The famous Winter Sonata statue!!"

"Winter...sonata?" I stared at him blankly.

Myungsoo looked at me in disbelief. "Don't you know Winter sonata? The most famous korean drama? The one that made korean dramas famous internationally?"

I shook my head.

"But I'm sure you've heard of Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo sunbaenim, right?" he pointed at the statue.

"Well..the names sound slightly familiar.."

Myungsoo huffed in frustration.

"I really have to teach you about korean dramas and kpop," he said. "Even the tourists know more about these things than you do."

He pointed at a bunch of tourists staring at the statue in awe and rushing to take a picture with it.

"Since we're here why don't we take a picture with the statue too?" I asked him.

"What?"

"Come on. We only took pictures of trees. Why don't we take some with the both of us in them?" I insisted.

"Well..."

"No one can see your face anyway so there's nothing to be shy about," I said, gesturing to his mask, sunglasses and cap.

He seemed to think about it for awhile.

"Okay.." he finally said. He asked a young couple if they could help us take our pictures. When they agreed, we handed them our cameras.

"Let's stand in the same pose that the statue is in," he nodded towards the statue.

I looked at the statue and shook my head.

"That's too embarrassing. Let's do something else."

"Look who's shy now," he seemed to smirk beneath his mask.

I glared at him.

"Fine! I'll do it."

We stood next to the statue and turned to face each other. I slowly placed my hands on his chest and he held my arms. Though I couldn't see his eyes, I could still feel his intense gaze behind his sunglasses.

I felt myself blush as we held the pose for what felt like hours.

Finally, the young couple handed us back our cameras. Myungsoo immediately went to check the picture.

After a few seconds, Myungsoo burst out laughing. I looked at him quizzically.

"Look at your face! It's as red as a tomato!" Myungsoo laughed as he showed me the picture.

I took the camera from him and looked at the picture. My face was bright red from holding the awkward pose.

"It - it's just that it's really hot right now." I fanned myself with my hand.

"Whatever you say," Myungsoo laughed. "Are you hungry? We could grab a bite at the rest area."

I simply nodded and followed him towards the rest area.

We found a seat in one of the restaurants that weren't too full and ordered our food.

While waiting for our food to arrive, we looked through the photos we have taken and discussed about the different angles and lighting of the pictures.

After awhile, Myungsoo put his camera down and sighed contentedly.

"This has been the most fun I've had in awhile," he smiled.

I nodded enthusiastically. "Same goes for me. I didn't think having a photo buddy would be this much fun."

I looked at him leaning back in his chair.

"Why do you always dress like that? With the mask, sunglasses and cap?" I asked.

Myungsoo seemed to hesitate. "Sensitive skin," he said simply. "I get sunburnt pretty easily."

"Well, there's no sun here now," I countered.

Myungsoo looked around the shop then cautiously took off his mask and sunglasses.

He stared at me with his deep eyes and I regretted asking him to take off his sunglasses.

"How about this? Next time we'll have an outing just to have fun," he suggested. "There's this place that I've always wanted to go to but I don't wanna go there by myself."

"Where's that place?" I asked.

He smiled his crooked smile. "That's a surprise."

"But how I'm supposed to get there if I don't know where it is?"

"I'll just come pick you up," he shrugged. "Just let me know where you live."

"Okay.." I wrote my address on a piece of paper and handed it to him.

He folded the paper and stuffed it in his pocket.

"So you promise that you'll come with me?" He held out his pinky.

I smiled and grabbed his pinky with mine.

"Promise."