Chapter 43 The Troublemakers Tale

Start from the beginning

We drive until we reach the parking area. We park the car one by one. Helen was the first to come out, then Harper and me. Some students were watching. The noise a while ago suddenly stops, feels like they're all watching us. Okay. This is awkward. Really. I turn to Harper to ask what's happening but she just shrugs.

A couple of seconds before then it went to the old tune again. Back to the noises. People were back to what they're doing. I scan the area and you can see different posts of students with their groups. Some are promoting their club. Different clubs were in actuality, there is the a capella group, the varsities whose welcoming and tripping to the newbie, the journalism and photography, and then there's the group of dorks.

I don't know where are the two but I just did my way. Maybe they're also busy touring the whole campus. I was at the edge of the tree when someone from the soccer group throw a ball from one nerd guy. I easily catch the ball before it landed him. He was surprised when he saw me there. The guys were laughing but it stop when they saw me holding it.

"You okay?" He was stuttering when he answered me. Halos hindi pa siya makatingin ng maayos.

"Okay.. okay lang ako. Thanks!" And he stomps away.

"The ball baby! Pass it back!" I was back to the soccer player who throw the ball. He's kinda chubby and tall. I pass it to him but it landed on his face. He fell. Oops! My bad. His teammates oohed and laugh.

I walked again and someone followed my pace. I turn to him. He was the one who's sitting and reading a magazine at the edge. I know by the looks he's one of them.

"Hey. You new here?" He said while smiling at me. He's tall, tanned skin, and has a dimple on his right cheek. He's a looker but a playboy one. I guess.

"Hey." I nod.

"So are you one of those girls who ride those blue cars?" I just nod again. He's talky. "You girls have a definite taste of cars! That was awesome! Sports cars are just.. you know amazing!"

I didn't mind him and continue to walk ahead of him. Nang mapansin nitong wala na ako sa tabi niya at tumakbo ito at pumantay sa bilis ng paglalakad ko.

"I'm sorry I never introduced myself. I'm Amboy. And Welcome to Woodside High!" He's grinning.
I will never ask why his name is Amboy it's so obvious that he's an American.

I look at him. He stops smiling and extends his hand. I just look at it and start to walk again.

"So.. what club are you interested in? Do you like to dance? Sing? Or maybe you're a type of a sporty girl."

"It's Ada."

"What? Oh! Okay. That's your name. Nice! Thanks" he said brushing his hair. "Do you like me to tour you in your new school?"

I just shrug. Hindi naman ito umalis sa tabi ko at patuloy lang sa pagsama saken. He never stop talking.

"So that part is our canteen. And that side is the field." Bawat madadaanan naming building ay sinasabi niya kung ano at kung para san yun. He motioned the field, the canteen, the classrooms, etc.

"Hey Ada. I gotta go for awhile. It's emergency. Gonna find you later? Okay!" Sabi nito na parang nagmamadali.

Hindi ko na lang siya pinansin at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. Pumunta ako sa tinuro niyang canteen kanina. I make my way in. Many students were scattered around the area. Napatigil ang ilan sa pagkain ng makita akong pumasok. Aren't they human also? They keep on staring at me! Damn it.

"Ada! Here!" Napatingin ako sa tumawag at nakitang nakaupo sina Helen at Harper sa medyo malayong bakante.

I ordered food and followed them there. Umupo ako at nagsimulang kumain. It was nearly a happy and serene eating when people stop talking. A group of girls was entering the place. They were four of them and one of them is so damn familiar! Trixie Darent. Now what? She's one of those queen bees? I examine her figure and yes she change a bit. I know she's a party girl before but it didn't occur to me that she can be a queen bee. Well, she fits perfectly being one minus her innocent face. Yeah. Sa isang paaralan hindi mawawala ang mga queen bees, and specially bullies. Make it a group of students or what still meron at merong ganoon sa isang paaralan.