There's never a day when we don't talk or see each other. It's kinda hard to pull us apart from each other anymore. The fact that I'm missing a message from someone I've come to consider my best friend hurts like a bitch.

I sigh, turning over on my mattress onto my side and curling up slightly. I hear my parents' argument still booming around the house and roll my eyes. They sent Karen and I to bed early so they could argue per usual.

Wouldn't want the poor neglected kids to hear their fighting up close, oh dear God no. Kevin's out drinking so he doesn't get the pleasure of a nightly family ritual.

I'm totally cool with that. I have to share my bed with the jackass nowadays so I'm glad anytime that he's gone.

Another dish breaks and I sigh again. Sure, Dad. Break em all. We can totally afford new china at a time like this...

Sometimes I regret telling the guys that I don't want to hang out with them on my birthday. At least the most arguing we get is between Cartman and Kyle. But that's more entertaining than spirit-breaking.

I hear a tapping outside my window and flinch instinctively before turning and looking over my shoulder. I grin slightly. Speak of the red-haired devil...

Kyle stares back at me with a grin and waving from beyond the glass. "Open up, Dude!" he calls to me.

I smile a bit wider. Guess that he didn't miss his cue completely. That's all that matters, I suppose. I roll off my mattress and onto my feet, heading over and pulling up the pane. "What's up, Kyle?"

He raises his brow. "Oh you know. Just in the neighborhood on no particularly special night of any significance to either of us. I just popped by to see if I could borrow some sugar."

"You can have all the sugar you want, Babe," I lick my teeth and wiggle my brows. He rolls his eyes.

"Shut up and take this," he throws a box at me. A familiarly delicious scent invades my nostrils and I look to find a pizza box in my arms.

I lick my lips and look at him gleefully. He throws in a couple more boxes and I see a mess of DVD's strewn over the pizza box. I look back up and smile, "Oh Kyle, how I do adore you and our friendship."

He pulls up a six pack of Coke bottles and puts them on the window. "That's wonderful, now help me inside."

"My heart? You're already there," I bat my lashes. He sighs, biting his tongue in concentration and pushing himself up into my window with some strained effort. I put down the boxes and grab around his waist, pulling him down off the sill. He yelps subtly as he falls into me and I reflexively grasp around him tightly. He looks up at me and blinks as I keep my hold on him and stare back.

"Uh..." he clears his throat.

Whoops. I do the same, pulling off of him and dusting myself off. "Well, you were about to fall," I blurt out an explanation. He just smiles up at me, his lips curving in that adorably crooked fashion as he looks from under his fluffy auburn bangs.

...And by adorably I meant...cute. No. I meant...friends-level of adorable. It was a manly kind of cute crooked grin. I mean it...Really.

So I like the kid a little more than necessary. Sue me.

He brushes back his bangs and continues staring at me. "Ken, do I have something on my face?"

"Uh...no?"

"Then take a goddamn picture, it'll last longer," he rolls his eyes.

I smirk. There's Kyle. "If you insist, but you won't want to know what'd I do with that picture at night."