chapter-5

"Words and promises doesn't define a man but his action does"

There is something about having a friend who makes your day brighter, who can make you laugh to the extend where your stomach starts hurting as hell. This is the relation which makes you feel good when everything else is falling apart. The best thing about this relation is that you can sit for hours with them and talk about all the random thoughts and bullshits without worrying about them judging you.

So, here I was laying on my bed with Suhana beside me and all those empty box's and packets of eaten food and snacks and some empty beer cans too. This has always been our favourite thing to do just hanging out at each others place which involved eating lot of junk food and and drinking our favourite drinks and than talking endlessly for hours.

After an hectic and thoughtful saturday, sunday came quite early and in no time I found my bestie on my door steps with hand full of food and drinks. It has been quite a time since she arrived and right now we were just laying and staring at the wall with nothing but a comformtable silence which surrounded us.

"I know I have told you this before but once again I really want you to know that its better to end a relation which really doesn't hold any future rather than to make yourself depressed while trying to make it work" she was the first to broke the silence with her words.

Staring a me she continued "you do know he is not good for you. He is just about those words and promises and nothing in reality."

Turning to face her I replied "I am aware of the fact that he is all about words but you do know I really love him and I guess that's what love is, looking past the imperfection."

Sitting on the bed she said "i agree that love is looking past the imperfection but relation work when both are willing to make it work and how much I can see its only you who is holding the threat of this so called relation and he is siiting there enjoying his life and blaming you for everything" she ran her hands through her hairs and looked straight into my eyes and said "see I know it is diificult to end a long term relation but the point is he is treating you like shit and here you still are willing to do each and everything for him."

Sighing I positioned myself and told her "I know he is not treating me properly but there was this time when he use to do everything to make me happy. He has always loved me and he has believed in me when no one else has isn't it a enough reason to not give up on him and to overlook his mistakes?"

"I know that he has stood by you and has ran after you for years just so that you can accept his love but you see now when he has you he is not valuing you" she added.

"Maybe he is having some issues which is bothering him and he doesn't want to tell me atleast not know and that's why he has distanced himself from me" I told her in the hope that she buys it but deep down I knew that this is not the reason and if it is why can't he share it with me eleven years of being in a realtionship with me and still he doesn't trust me enough to share his problems.

"For how long will you try to convince yourself and will make excuses for his faults" she said with an annoyed expression.

"I am not making excuses Suhana I am just trying to make it work. Its just that I don't want to give up on him because I know he has made mistakes but there was a time when he has not given up on me and has holded on this relation for quite long and maybe now it is my turn to hold on it" I told her.

"Ok. I get it what you want to say but I am worried Naya. I can clearly see how you are changing and how it is affecting you. You are not the girl anymore you once were. You have given up everything for him and I just want you to think on this once again" she said to me and I can clearly see that worry in her eyes.

"I am happy and don't worry I have you beside me and that's all I need" I murmured in her ears while hugging her.

"I am always with you Naya and I just want you to be happy. Ok now no more getting emotional lets clean this and than I have to go back" she said while picking up the emty packets.

I joined her in cleaning the mess which we have created a while ago during our little own heaven time. Soon the task was completed and Suhana bid her goodbyes to me and left.

I settle down on the couch infront of the tv browsing through channels and replaying the conversation I had with Suhana. She was correct when she said that I was making excuses for his mistakes. The problem is that in our eleven year long relation I was always the carefree one and Vansh was the one who was always acting mature and guiding me through each obstacles. We have faced many ups and downs in our little journey so far but what I never realised was that his love was slowly getting replaced by obsession and soon his opinions were turning into decisions. In the starting phase of our relation he use to tell me that I am free to make my choices, make friends without gender domination and do what makes me happy but than suddenly after some years he started having problem with my choices, my friends and than there came a time when I have to ask for his permissions to so anything. Today when I think I really want to know is this really love or it is just that I have started thinking more but whatever it is, there is this one thing which I know by heart that in my passion of love for him and in trying to make him happy I have lost my happiness.

Do let me know what you feel about the chapter. Like, comment.