Friends and Families

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

It's Thanksgiving. The whole gang is spending Thanksgiving together with their families, at Elena's house. I'm separating this chapter in two parts so stay tuned for that!! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! I love you all!!!!!!!!! And THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3K READS!!!! OH MY GOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!❤️ ❤️❤️

{Elena's P.O.V}

It's Thanksgiving. One of my favourite holidays!

The whole gang is here, along with their parents.

Yeah it was my idea. I was home for the holidays and I just thought why not celebrate it together?! My mother loved that idea. So here we are.

Caroline and her mom were the first to arrive, a casserole dish in her hand.

Bonnie's parents were out of town, so she was staying with me.

Mr and Mrs. Lockwood arrived with Tyler with Stefan and his family following suit.

"I come bearing gifts." said Stefan.

I hug them all, one by one.

"Welcome Mr and Mrs. Salvatore." My mom said, coming up from behind me.

"Oh please, call me Lily." Said Stefan's mother, smiling widely.

"It's so nice to be here." Said, Stefan's dad, his voice deep, but happy.

After all the pleasantries, we headed to the living room, everyone with a drink in their hands.

Stupidly enough, I asked Caroline about our favourite childhood memory.

I banged my palm on my forehead when she smiled at me devilishly.

"CAROLINE NO!!" I said, before she could spill it.

"Shush." She indicated.

"Oohhh Stefan." She said.

"Yeah." Stefan said, sipping his drink.

"You know once, when we were little. We were in English class and Elena was very good at it, you know. So once our teacher asked us superlatives of the word 'GOOD'. Elena's hand shot up before the teacher could finish the question. Then Elena goes like, 'GOOD', 'GOODER', 'GOODEST'." Caroline giggled, recalling.

Stefan stifled a laugh while I glared at Caroline.

"And the whole class erupted into laughter and the whole week we teased her for it." She laughed.

"Apparently tall, taller, tallest doesn't work everywhere" I muttered.

Everyone snickered and then Mom started speaking.

"Once when we were on vacation............" She started.

"MOM NO!!!!" I said, horrified.

"No one wants to hear it." I added.

"No. No. We want to." Everyone said in unison.

I put my face in my palms, embarrassed.

"So where was I?" Mom said.

"On vacation." Stefan answered, smirking.

"Right. So once we were on vacation, Disneyland to be specific. We accidentally forgot Elena at a shop and we didn't even notice!! She was around 7 years old at that time. But then a person who worked there, called us from a far. And there she was, tears streaming down her face, her nose snotty." Mom laughed.

The room erupted with laughter as my cheeks turned red.

I sneaked a glance at Stefan and saw that he was laughing too.

"Okay. I'm going to set the table. Caroline? Bonnie?" I said.

"Coming." They said.

When we were out of sight, I swatted Caroline's arm.

"OW." She said.

"Why would you say that?! Now Stefan's gonna tease me too. Ughhhhh." I groaned.

"Sorry girl." She said, her face unapologetic.

I head to the kitchen to get the dishes while Caroline sets the turkey on the table.

Bonnie got the glasses.

10 minutes later we were done and Caroline went to call everyone.

Everyone followed giggling amongst each other.