Reconciliations

Elena's P.O.V

The next day, Matt was a no show. Didn't show up to school neither I saw him around.

But the next day, I saw him. 

As I took a seat in the cafeteria, I saw him walking in with a grim look on his face, balancing a tray in his hands.

He went pale when he saw me.

Stefan who had been sitting beside me this whole time, silently held my hand, squeezing it.

I gave him a reassuring look

Matt walked towards us and spoke up, "Is this seat taken?"

He sounded nervous.

"Of course. Sit away. It's not like I own this place." I said my voice sounding strange to my own ears.

Matt dropped his bag on the bench and placed his tray, all the while refusing to meet my eyes.

"Elena. Can we talk?"

"Why? So that you can force yourself on me again?" I asked, glaring at him.

"Please Elena. Hear me out." He said, his eyes pleading.

"Spill."

"I'm so sorry Elena. I don't know what got into me that day. I didn't mean to hurt you. I never did. I was so ashamed of myself that I locked myself after all that and now I finally got the courage to say this to you. I want what's best for you. I never meant to harm you. Will you forgive me, please?"

I saw honesty in his eyes.

"Matt......I've known you since kindergarten. I know you never meant to harm me. I was so hurt and shocked you would do this you know. And it's my fault too. I've should've made things clear with you. I'm sorry too." I said, giving him a small smile.

His hand which was resting on the table, twitched. I reached out and held his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"It's okay." I said, finally.

"Thanks a lot Elena. I don't know what I would've done, how I would've lived with myself if you hadn't forgiven me. Thank You. "

I nodded and with that Matt got up and left the room.

"Wow. That was so nice of you." Stefan said. "But you know I was going to talk to him, right?"

"I know Stefan. Somewhere between yesterday and today morning I decided that I would talk to him myself. Look. He is a great friend. I love him. We grew up together. Yes. People make mistakes. But what's important is that they realize what they've done. And I'm glad Matt apologized. It's okay now."

Stefan smiled his signature smile and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"So, The Winter Formal. One week to go!!!!" I said, excitedly.

"Yup"

"What dress are you wearing?" Stefan asked, inquiringly.

"You'll have to wait to see that Mr. Salvatore." I said, teasingly.

Stefan raised an eyebrow but nodded.

School dances are always fun. That one night where all our friends get together and dance wildly. I am so looking forward to this dance!!!!!

Author's Note: Hey you fellow Stelena(ers)!!! I'm so sorry this chapter is so boring. I've been kind of busy and I sincerely apologize for the late uploads and the boring chapters. But it's going to get better now!!! So stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment!!!