Second Place?

Raven's POV
Pain, it was unbearable. I felt as if I was set in fire with nothing but darkness surrounding me. As I tried to raise my hand my breath hitched as I was unable to. All I could do was scream and so I did. Tears pricked the side of my eyes and as they slid down the side of my face I cringed. Not being able to wipe them away I felt weak. Continuing to scream I begged to be let out of this wretched dark place but I knew that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Drenched with sweat my throat burned as I continued to shout for help, to be let out but inside of me I felt something breaking away. Something that I had come to accept not so long ago.

The mate bond.

It ripped itself from my soul as I screamed out in pain and frustration, confused at what was happening. Was this the Moon Goddess' doing? Chest constricting I cried out as I felt a piece of heart being cut away, thrown into the depths of darkness. Shaking I felt my body go into an unconscious state as the torture was too much to bear. Feeling myself slip away the feelings of fire soon turned into low electric buzzes all around me.

~🏹🐺🏹'

Third Person's POV
The word of the Alpha was law but why didn't Luna's hold as much power? Was it because they were female? Kylie sat there in panic as her Luna shook, sweat drenching the sheets as her damp hair stuck to her cheeks. Rushing to the bathroom she grabbed the face towel wetting it and rushing back to her Luna's side. Her friend's side. She had betrayed the person who set her free from her parent's doings, she betrayed her first friend. Wiping Raven's forehead she continued down to her neck moving on to her arms throwing the thin blanket off her. It wasn't helping right now.

Five days since she was out and her condition was worsening. It happens every time a mate performs intercourse with another after their other half is marked and it was deadly. Some have died and others have lived lives with permanent disabilities because of their mates. Sure, Axel may have been worrying about her but he begun to question his love for her. Was it just because of the pull? Was it lust? Maybe it was because of all the stories his mother told him about finding his other half but ever since his little fling he never felt the same. If it was true love he would have never cheated on her like that and he knew it.

The pack was suffering without their Luna, weakened by the state she's in. Kylie sighed rushing to the bathroom again washing the cloth and jogging back continuing to her legs. Suddenly the doors burst open as Axel stood there, hair stuck up in all different directions and bags under his eyes. As he walked towards the woman laid on the bed he reached out to touch her lips only for her sweating to worsen. Retreating back he sighed walking to the corner of the room.

"She's going to wake up soon, I know it. I can feel it." Axel growled determined for his Luna to come back to him, the pack needed her. Without Raven, Axel was slowly loosing all the deals with the other Alphas. She was always there to charm her way around situations and with her power they easily fell under the couple's hold.

"I do hope so. Alpha, I hope you don't mind but is it okay if I ask you something rather personal?" Kylie questioned as Axel nodded.

"Do you regret it? Regret doing it with the woman and sending Raven into this state?" Kylie asked as he turned away looking out the window into the forest.

"Yes." Was all Axel replied with before Kylie frowned. Was that all she was going to get from asking him that? Not wanting to pry any further she went to the bathroom once again washing the cloth and started cleaning her face all over again.

"She's changed so much in this pack." Axel mumbled as Kylie nodded.

"Yes, she has strengthened it and without her we will all fall." Kylie muttered as Axel ran his hands through his hair.