Chapter 8 - Prophecy Fufilled

Bardock shoved the piles of rock off his body as he climbed out of the rubble he was buried under. He coughed loudly as he stood up.

"Dodoria pulled a real number on me," Bardock grumbled to himself as he rubbed the grit out of his eyes. Looking forward he found the bodies of his team members littered around him which caused bitter anger rise up in his chest once more.

"I don't care what I have to do…Somehow, some way, I will get them all!" Bardock swore vehemently, despite his wounds and injuries. He was in horrible shape after Dodoria's attack, but Bardock found that it had only whet his appetite for their blood even more. There was nothing in the galaxy he desired more than Frieza's severed head on a platter.

"We will all meet again very soon, my friends…" Bardock stated seriously to them. With one final bow of his head to his friends, he flew off to his space pod.

"Lord Frieza, our mission has been finally completed!" Dodoria proudly stated to his master's backside as he dipped his head low. Freiza was seated serenely in his air car, once again entranced by the view of the infinite cosmos. Zarbon looked out window as well and found the object that had Freiza locked his gaze on. Freiza sneered, turning his face only halfway toward Dodoria.

"Dodoria, can you honestly claim that you have completed your mission entirely?" Frieza questioned, with a dangerous tone present in his voice.

"Everything that you assigned to me I've completed!" Dodoria answered readily. "I annihilated that troublesome saiyan team you were worried about and I destroyed those other monkeys aboard this ship that were attempting to recapture Prince Vegeta! I'm two for two!"

"Well, I certainly cannot argue with you, since you have such conviction," Freiza relented too easily. "Dodoria, come stand by me and take a look at the stars with me."

Dodoria acquiesced with Frieza's order but not without some trepidation. It was odd of Freiza to end the discussion without any difficulty. Dodoria knew there was some sort of catch with Freiza's unusual request. Dodoria stood by Freiza's side and looked up at the vast sky.

"Now, this is the final time I will ask. Are you absolutely certain that you have completed your mission?" Freiza asked once more, more forcefully than last time.

"Lord Frieza, the mission is accomplished!" Dodoria claimed once more, causing Freiza to break out in laughter.

"Wrong again, Dodoria…you actually failed miserably. The leader of that saiyan team, Bardock, he still lives," Zarbon interjected, lording his superiority over him.

"What? Impossible! He died right in front of my eyes!" Dodoria argued hotly.

"Well, how do you explain that up there?" Zarbon inquired, directing his gaze to saiyan space pod flying toward Vegetasei.

"Huh? No way! A saiyan space pod?! But how? No one should have been able to survive my attack, no one!" Dodoria yelled out in surprise as he watched the space pod zoom through the air.

"The next time I send you on an important mission, I expect that you will be a tad bit more thorough?" Freiza affirmed intensely. "I cannot afford to have someone of your rank execute missions so sloppily. It would make me look soft."

"Lord Frieza, send me back out! I need to prove myself worthy!" Dodoria begged. "Sire, allow me to fully complete my mission!"

"Stop, Dodoria!" Frieza halted, raising his hand to silence the bemoaning of his second general. "There will be no need chase after one little pesky monkey at this time. Especially, since I have the destruction of their entire habitat on the schedule!"

"Frieza..." Bardock stated aloud, feeling Freiza's emotions surround him as if they were his own. He looked out his porthole and saw Vegetasei in the near distance.