Chapter 2 - Game of Planetary Thrones

"Nappa, fetch me some wine!" King Vegeta ordered as he entered the west wing of his palace. They had just returned home from a long mission of overthrowing a cluster of planets that Freiza had assigned to them and King Vegeta was due for some rest and relaxation. All he really craved was large glass of wine and a hot bath. And if he was lucky, maybe his queen would join him in his tub but he highly doubted it. Before he left for his mission, she stated that she still hated him and would never stop hating him.

"Of course, sire!" Nappa replied.

"And send some servants over to start my bath as well, will you?" King Vegeta added, as pulled off his armoured cape with a grunt.

"Sire, you've finally returned home," Brusselz exclaimed, entering the King's bedroom. Brusselz was King Vegeta's royal vizier and his late father's closest ally. Brusselz was dressed impeccably in the elite warrior armour and had his long black hair neatly tied back in a thick braid.

"And I'm so glad to be back as well," King Vegeta responded. "This mission was certainly the worst mission that Frieza sent the three of us on."

"I trust that Nappa and Paragus returned just as safely as you did," Brusselz replied.

"Not without their battle scars. Honestly Brusselz, when do you think we'll be ready to rebel against Freiza?" King Vegeta inquired as he removed his boots. Brusselz smirked at his young charge, noting that he was still just as impatient as ever. He hadn't changed much from his childhood.

"We're not quite there yet, Sire," Brusselz replied as he moved out of the doorway to allow a small legion of servants to enter the room. They were carrying in a large wooden oak tub and throng of them followed carrying buckets of hot water.

"Perhaps you should focus your attention on other matters, on goals that you can attain now," Brusselz instructed.

"What kind of matters, Brusselz?" King Vegeta asked, intrigued.

"Well, Vegetasei could certainly use an heir, could it not?" Brusselz inquired.

"Brusselz, you of all people should know my situation! My queen won't share my bed because she's still claiming that she hates me!" King Vegeta lamented.

"It's her duty as Queen to provide Vegetasei with an heir. You just have to remind her!" Brusselz advised.

"Women practically throw themselves at me on a daily basis, so a man of my station needs not to resort to things like force and intimidation. One day she'll come to me willingly, I know it." King Vegeta stated confidently, motioning for the servant with the wine goblet to come closer.

"Very well, sire. I'll shall leave you to your ministrations and we can speak a bit more later," Brusselz accepted, exiting the west wing.

"Good evening, your highness and how are we doing today?" Brusselz asked as he entered the Queen's chamber uninvited. Brusselz looked upon the Queen sitting so serenely in her favourite chair curled up with her latest book. Brusselz could certainly understand why King Vegeta had been so obsessed with her becoming his wife. Without a doubt, she was lovely creature. Long, dark ebony hair that shone like the midnight sky, dark sapphire eyes framed by long lashes and she had terrifically lush figure that was shown off in the form-fitted dark scarlet gown that she wore. Her appearance was one of the many reasons Brusselz endorsed her to the King when he was encouraging him to take a wife. She looked up at him and closed her book shut, sneering at her unwanted guest.

"I was doing pretty well until you showed up," she replied sweetly, even though she threw icy daggers at him with her eyes. "Now, what did I do to warrant this unwanted visit?"