Chapter 4 - Twisted Desires

FLASHBACK

"Old man, you're quite mad!" Courgette gasped, as she was quite shocked at Dr. Raichi's latest proposition. "You planned it this way all along!" She alleged with an accusatory finger in his direction.

"Princess, do not overreact. You and I have always wanted the same things, which is why we are at these crossroads," Dr. Raichi replied smoothly with a beguiling smile. "You truly did not want to marry the barbaric Saiyan king and I did not want to share our superb technology with their inferior race."

"Yes, that was true in the beginning but after they waged this war against our Tuffle kingdom and were effectively taking over our major cities, you knew I was willing to marry King Vegeta! To end all this heartbreak and conflict, I would have sacrificed my freedom!" Courgette cried. "It was YOU that convinced my grandfather to reject my proposal! You assured him that we could win this war and defeat this Freiza creature without the saiyans and he believed you! Now he's dead and it's on your shoulders!"

"I know it wrong to speak ill of the dead but your grandfather's death was his own fault. He was hasty in his attempt to have you marry King Vegeta without consulting with me first about our other options. If King Fungi didn't invite those heathens over, they would have never acquired their thirst for our Tuffle land and women." Dr. Raichi defended himself impetuously.

"How dare you speak of my grandfather in that manner?! He was the greatest King the Tuffle kingdom ever had!" Courgette seethed. With a slight huff, she fell back into her grandfather cushioned throne and broke into tears.

"Princess, forgive me for speaking so honestly when you are obviously still mourning his loss. And you are right of course, your grandfather was a great king. This is why I have preserved his DNA for a later time, when we can exact our revenge on the saiyans at a later date with my latest invention the Hatchiyack." Dr. Raichi revealed, hoping to soothe the sobbing princess.

She dried her eyes with her handkerchief and looked up at him with angry eyes.

"I understand all that but why must I marry you? I feel like you intentionally set this up so I would have no other choice in the matter," Courgette accused once more and Dr. Raichi knew that his intentions were exposed.

Courgette's assumption was accurate, as Dr. Raichi's past actions had been purely motivated by his own twisted desires for the Tuffle princess. He had been love with her mother Mushrumi since he laid eyes on her but she had barely spared him a glance. By the time he had made a name for himself in the Royal laboratory and was ready to propose himself as her mate, she had eloped with an unsuitable suitor that King Fungi refused to name.

Then she died in childbirth, where the Tuffle soldiers were able to recover her child, Courgette. The father of the child was banished from the Tuffle lands, so it was safe to assume that he was as dead as Mushrumi. It was very unlikely that a Tuffle lad could survive and flourish in the badlands as the saiyans did.

So, King Fungi raised his granddaughter as his own and she grew up to be just as lovely as her mother. The resemblance was so striking that Dr. Raichi couldn't help but transfer his feelings of love and desire onto Courgette, in spite of the great age difference. He longed to feel her full lips on his skin, to have fistfuls of her luxurious locks sliding through his fingers, and he longed to gaze upon the curves that she had hidden under her form-fitting black gown. But even he was astute enough to predict that a girl as lovely as her would never marry him if she had the choice…UNLESS, he could produce just the right conditions where she couldn't refuse. With a lot of cunning, back-stabbing and perseverance he finally managed to create just the right situation where Courgette would finally be his and yet she still showed some resilience.