Chapter 6 - Curse of Foresight

"None of his vitals appears to be damaged. I'm sure he'll recover fairly quickly," The doctor diagnosed as he punched in coordinates into the keypad of the healing tank. "Whatever happened to him on Kanassa, nothing that a couple of hours in the tank and a few days of rest shouldn't be able to fix."

"Thank you Dr. Planthorr, this is good to hear." Fasha replied with a pleased smile. Shugesh and Borgos breathed a sigh of relief.

"I thought that Toloo dumbass might have cursed him with his freaky-deaky voodoo spells," Shugesh declared.

"Rest assured that your captain will be just as healthy as ever," Planthorr reassured before he stepped away.

Afterwards, Toma approached the crew with a weary expression on his face.

"Good news, Bardock is going to be just fine," Fasha informed him as he approached. The tension left his face.

"That's great! I have a bit of good news too. Dodoria just apprised me about the latest mission to Planet Meat and according to him Freiza especially assigned it to us. We leave in an hour!" Toma exclaimed, rubbing his hands together. "Apparently, he was pretty impressed with us taking down Planet Kanassa in such a short amount of time."

"Wow, you were certainly serious about finding the next mission pretty quickly," Fasha replied with a sardonic smile.

"I hope you're just as serious about what you promised me earlier," Toma whispered into Fasha's ear. Turning away from her, he faced the rest of the men. "Let's dedicate this mission to our fearless leader, Bardock! For being a hard ass that always pushed us to take on the more dangerous missions, because of him we are finally getting our talents recognized!"

"To Bardock!" Shugesh, Borgos and Fasha chanted together before they left, causing Dr. Planthorr to laugh as he shook his head at their excitement.

"Planthorr! Look at Bardock's power levels, they're so high for a low level saiyan!" Malaka, the brown reptilian lab assistant shrilled loudly as he went over the injured saiyan's readings at the base of the healing tank. "He's approaching 10,000! At this rate he'll surpass King Vegeta!"

Planthorr returned to Bardock's healing tank looked at the monitor and noted what Malaka had described.

"Interesting," Planthorr murmured. "This power level may not be so unusual…just yesterday a saiyan child had just about the same power level. It appears our saiyan people are getting stronger day by day."

"Paragus's son Brolly? Yes, he will indeed grow up to great warrior." Malaka agreed with a nod. At that moment they could both hear a baby wail loudly from next door in the neighbouring nursery. The baby's wailing could be heard for several minutes causing Planthorr to chuckle, while Malaka screwed up his face in misery.

"Perhaps, he will and perhaps he won't, but that Kakkarot…he will be the true warrior. Do you hear that spirited cry?" Planthorr said.

"What? That Kakkarot?! But he only has a power level of two! You are getting insane with old age!" Malaka opposed.

"When you get to my age and spend as much time as I do with numbers, scientific facts and statistics…you begin to realize that there is more to warrior than what's on paper. There will never be a way to measure their courage, tactical abilities and fortitude." Planthorr replied as he listened to Kakkarot's distinctive cries. "These are things you can only get a sense for. Even though Brolly surpasses Kakkarot's power level, it was he that got stressed out from the cries. I can already see that this powerful child doesn't have the propensity to deal with pressure."

"Crazy old kook," Malaka muttered under his breath as he nodded quickly, pretending to agree with the doctor. He turned back to Bardock's readings and gasped.