Chapter 1 - Romancing the Banana

I don't know about you but always thought the resemblance between Raditz, Vegeta and Goku to be a little fishy. It's not like all saiyans actually look like that, like it is with the Namekians. The other saiyans like Nappa, Brolli, Peragus, Toma and Fasha looking nothing like Raditz, Vegeta, Goku and Tarble. So, I always thought that maybe Vegeta and Goku could be related by more than just being part of the same race and Akira Toriyama just wanted me to solve the puzzle by writing this fanfic. This story centers on Bardock and King Vegeta and the link that the two share that will forever connect them and the fate of their descendants.

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or any of the characters but the blasted characters won't leave my imagination alone!

"Bardock! I hate you! You did this to me! I hate you!" Zukini screamed as she yelped in pain.

"Zuki, I don't get what the big deal is. You're just having a little baby," Bardock replied indifferently as he wiped her forehead with a rag.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" She shouted, grabbing the collar of his Saiyan armour and brought his face at her eye level. "You want to the pleasure of pushing the baby out then?!"

"Uh no, you're doing a fantastic job!" Bardock amended immediately after witnessing the saiyan rage burning in her eyes.

The doctors chuckled at the young couple's interaction as they monitored the birth of the latest saiyan child.

Bardock gazed at his first child sleeping in his crib among the other saiyan babies. This may be the only time he would get to see him before he was shipped off to conquer a planet for the Planet Trade Organization.

"How's our little Raditz doing?" Zukini asked, coming up behind him and wrapping her arms around him. She peeked over his shoulder to look at her first child.

"He resting peacefully after the ordeal you put him through with all your screaming," Bardock joked and Zukini slapped him playfully.

"He looks strong," Zukini murmured, pressing her hand on the window that separated the nursery from the viewing area.

"According to the reports that the scientists ran on him, he's average. They'll send him to one of those medium-danger planets," Bardock corrected her.

"Are you going let some science report decide the strength of our child?" Zukini asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"Seeing as you and I are pretty prominent scientists here on Vegeta-sei, you should be vouching for our exemplary research," Bardock replied and Zukini responded with laughter.

"Oh ho, you discover how replicate artificial moonlight and now we're exemplary scientists? I still think we've only scratched the surface when it comes to reading power levels. I don't think the power levels that we were born with will determine how high our power levels can rise," Zukini countered. "Think about the legendary super saiyan, what kind of ki levels would a child have to project for us scientists to verify such untapped power?"

Bardock chuckled at his mate, as this was a debate the two had regularly over dinner.

"You know my response to that. The legendary super saiyan is just that: a legend. There's no proof that it ever existed, except in your crazy old grandfather's stories." Bardock responded. It was an unpopular opinion that he only shared with his wife, as much of the saiyan population believed in the existence of the super saiyan.

"Well...what about us? We're good examples that these scientific reports on the baby's ki levels aren't as accurate as they could be. We're two 3rd class saiyans that have clearly surpassed our parent's expectations. Our children may surprise us yet," Zukini argued, defending her first son.