Chapter 7 - End of a Legend

Paragus tripped over himself as he raced down the hallway towards the throne room as fast as he could. Only minutes ago he had been informed by the lab that King Vegeta had learned of his son's power level and was in the midst of determining his fate. Paragus knew that he had act quickly to reason with the King and he knew it be an uphill battle. King Vegeta was no longer the level-headed tactician that he used to be, as over the past several months King Vegeta had grown to be more sadistic and cruel. Of course, all saiyans were expected to be ruthless towards their enemy but King Vegeta had even become merciless towards his own saiyan people. He was becoming well-known for slaughtering his own soldiers that did not perform at an exception level.

It was all due to an unfortunate chain events, that all began with demise of Brusselz. Ever since his most trusted advisor was brutally murdered, the position was taken over by his impulsive cousin Zorn, and King Vegeta was no longer making sound decisions. Then, King Vegeta's world almost fell apart when his Queen passed away when she went into labour prematurely. She left behind a sick and weakly son, Tarble, where the doctors predicted that he would always be weak and never reach the typical strength of even a low class saiyan. King Vegeta was offended by the doctor's diagnosis and killed them immediately. Afterwards, without even holding his youngest son once, the king sent him away on the very same day. Some had said that child was too pathetic and King Vegeta was ashamed of him, while some other kinsmen claimed that King Vegeta blamed Tarble for the death of Courgette. However, there were a few foolhardy men that dare to whisper that Tarble reminded the King too much about his dead mate and that he couldn't bear to be in the child's presence.

After losing his younger brother and mother, Prince Vegeta flew into a rage and he heartlessly destroyed four saibamen and surpassed his own father's power levels. Upon hearing about the young prince's increasing power, Freiza then seized the prince. It was just another blow in King Vegeta's life. King Vegeta used to have his son by his side when he went on missions, the two of them together were a quite a team, ruthlessly conquering several planets together. Now that his eldest son was under Freiza's control, King Vegeta lost interest in war and combat altogether. Even though he was able to stipulate that Nappa stay with his son at all times, King Vegeta could not sleep at night wondering about Freiza had planned for his son. Many of King Vegeta's elite soldiers commented about how their King just wasn't the same after the prince was taken captive.

Finally, there was pall that surrounded Vegetasei as the female population started dropping dead like flies. It was mysterious occurrence, as doctors and scientists could not discover what the source of their deaths was. Even Freiza's top scientists took control of the investigation and could not find the root cause to the female mortality rate. It was no wonder that the King's temper had become so volatile. But I can't allow King Vegeta's unpredictable temperament dissuade me from saving my son, Paragus gulped to himself as the ornate golden doors of the throne room grew closer.

Almost out of breath, Paragus crashed through the doors to find King Vegeta's formidable form sitting stoically on his throne, his royal crest hanging high above his tall hair. The decorative stain glass windows located above the King's throne appeared to only filter the red light through their frames, giving the entire room a menacing glow. Paragus had just rushed in the nick of time, as King Vegeta just declared the execution of his son Brolly to a throng of his elite soldiers. "We shall not discuss this any further, his son is to be executed without delay!" King Vegeta stated firmly to his soldiers and then he looked towards the entrance and met Paragus desperate gaze with his own soulless stare.

"Sire, no!" Paragus cried as he approached closer and then four palace guards immediately surrounded him. They held him back from the throne with much effort as Paragus struggled to get closer. He had to make King Vegeta change his mind about Brolly. I have to fight for Brolly's life!