Chapter 3 - Secrets Revealed

FLASHBACK

"Bardock!" Zukini exclaimed, leaping into his arms when she saw him at her door. She had invited him over for dinner to meet her father before they would announce to him that were going to become mates. Bardock chuckled at her excited reaction, hugging her close and breathing in her sweet scent.

"Father! Bardock has arrived," Zukini called, as she pulled him into their modest sitting room. Their home was simply furnished, with stout wooden furniture and a blotchy red hemp rug. Bardock did note a feminine touch to the place, as various exotic potted plants decorated their home. It was actually surprising for Bardock to see so many different plants on this side of the Saiyanjin border, as only the Tuffles resided in the heavily vegetated area of Planet Plant. The saiyans made due with the badlands by building an impenetrable fortress and formidable military base but their economy relied heavily on neighbouring planets needing mercenaries. He snickered as he thought about the amount of thievery Zukini had to do to attain so many plants. Bardock sat down and hastily pulled Zukini into his lap as they waited for Arugulo's arrival.

"Wow Zuki, I guess I should have known from the day I met you that you would have had such a criminal streak," Bardock joked, slapping her bottom playfully. "Look at all these stolen plants!"

"Ha ha, you're so hilarious!" Zukini replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes and struggled to get off his lap. "But the plants are not mine, they belong to my father. Bardock! Let me go, I need to check on dinner!"

"Never!" Bardock vowed, holding her down even tighter.

She reached around the chair and grabbed his tail, squeezing it unmercifully. Bardock let out a yelp and released his grasp on her.

"What's all the commotion?" A mature saiyan asked, entering the sitting room. He was tall, broad shouldered and had a wide face that was weathered with faint wrinkles. He had long black beard and moustache that hung from his chin and his wore medium length hair untied. Bardock thought he slightly resembled a ferocious grizzly beast and he gulped nervously.

"It was nothing, father! Bardock just got excited when I told him that I was making him a home cooked meal. He's so accustomed to eating the slop they serve at the tavern," Zukini responded quickly.

Arugulo looked from his daughter to the young saiyan male that had been courting her for the past year and he narrowed his gaze on his daughter. Laughter rumbled from his belly at the guilty expressions on their faces.

"Well, maybe you should go check on your meal before it burns. We wouldn't want your boyfriend to wish that he had gone to that tavern instead," Arugulo replied humorously.

"Yes, father!" Zukini said and she exited the room, leaving Arugulo alone with Bardock.

"Hello, sir!" Bardock greeted, getting up and offering his hand. Arugulo looked at Bardock's extended hand and immediately started laughing.

"C'mere, my boy!" Arugulo gruffly welcomed, pulling the young saiyan into a bear hug. "I do not think that I should be on such formal terms with my daughter's mate!"

"How could you have known?" Bardock stammered.

"It's written all over your faces and you have my blessing." Arugulo answered, sitting in the adjoining chair. Bardock sat back down in his seat in amazement at Arugulo perceptive eyes. "After my daughter told me the story about the banana, I had a feeling that you may be the one to be her mate."

"Zukini actually told you story about the banana?" Bardock asked, blush rising up his neck. It wasn't a particularly masculine story and it wasn't one that he shared with his friends. However, groping her on her way up the robot was something he may have bragged about, once or twice. Arugulo laughed once more, taking note of his flushed face and the discomfort in his stance.