Chapter 17

Jillian leads me down another hallway and stops at another big steel door.

She opens it with a keypad combination, and tells me, "follow."

So I follow her in, and once I set my eyes on what is inside, my mouth drops to the floor.

It's a giant maze out of super tall bushes, so tall they hit the ceiling. The bushes are a deep green, with vines and leaves entangled in it.

Jillian then leads me to the starting point.

"You have thirty minutes to go in, find your loved one, and get out. But it's not easy. This maze will test you on many things. Start in three, two, one..."

What! But I'm not ready!

"Go!" She cries.

I rapidly crutch into the maze, twisting and turning through the field.

Calm down Noelani. Stop, and use your hearing.

I stop, and listen for something, a thought wave or movement.

At first, I hear nothing, but a slight tingle crawls up my back and I read, Noelani.

Aha!

I continue in the direction I got the thought from, but come to a dead end.

Dang it! It must be other other side of this bush!

So I maneuver myself back out, and go another way.

Noelani!

It's getting closer!

I hurriedly crutch down a path and see my dear friend Alani, tied to a pole, sleeping.

I quickly head over to her, and shake her face. "Lani! Wake up it's me!" I frantically start untying the ropes.

"Lani!? Is that you?" She asks, opening her eyes.

"Yes! It's me! No time to explain we have to go now!"

She nods, and I lead her back out, since I have a photographic memory. 

Just as were nearing the end, I hear the clock ticking.

10, 9, 8,

"Hurry we have to go!" I cry.

Alani sprints, so I pick up my crutches and hop towards the exit.

7,6,5,

Almost there!

4,3,2,

I slide out of the maze, and ram into Alani's legs.

1,0, BEEP!

The exit is quickly shut with a steel door.

"Phew! That was close!" I cry, panting on the ground.

Alani helps me up, just as Jillian walks,over.

"Very good. Come." Jillian says.

She leads us back to my main room and let's us in, taking out Olly for his turn.

"Noelani! You did it! Good job!" Levi yells from the picnic table.

"Who's that?" Alani asks, nudging me in the stomach.

"Stop it!" I giggle. "He's just a friend. Let me go introduce you to him."

I lead Alani over, and introduce her to Levi, Kayla, and their friends.

"So, how'd it go Noelani?" Kayla asks.

"Horrible." I reply. Then I give her my whole experience.