Chapter 16

"Bobby..."

His name left her mouth before she even realized she was saying it. They both looked too shock to even speak. The look he was giving her made her shiver.

   I didn't like it.

A low growl erupted from my throats making Austin growl seeing me in my protective mode throwing him in his protective mode as well. I wrapped my arms around  her waist tugging her deeper into the booth. "What do you want?" I all but growled at him.

  He looked shocked to see her buried in my arms. Her little body trembling on me. He looked me head to toe then her and a scowl set on his face. "W-What are you doing here?" She stuttered shakily. Her face lacking of the confidence she usually has.

"Well baby girl I work here and I'm actually wanted here unlike you!" He snapped inching his body closer to hers. Oh no he did NOT! The beast in me gets angrier and as I look at him, I clutch the seat to avoid taking a swing at him.

I pull her body back glaring menacingly, daring him to come any closer. "I suggest you stay back pretty boy." I warned.

  My grip on Skye tightened. Her body shook more as he inched closer and closer. "He said get back!" Austin snapped standing up to his full height. He towered over Bobby by a whole foot.

   "Stay away from her. Don't even walk near her or I'll make sure you don't walk at all." He threatened with a rough edge to his voice. It even scared me a little but I knew that he wasn't going to hurt him unless necessary.

   "You don't scare me blondie." This boy was asking for a beat down. I haven't seen Austin fight but I wouldn't mess with him either. He seems to have a little temper so I'm glad he's on our side.

   I pull Skye behind me and stand to my full height in front of her. Fear flashed in his eyes, realizing it was two against one and that he had no chance of winning. "He said get away from her. Now I suggest you scram because I wouldn't want to get in Austins' face, you are already on his bad side." I growled.

  "Now go get us another waiter." Austin added flashing his wolf eyes making Bobby jump in fear. He scrambled away nearly falling flat on his face.

   We both looked at each other, Austin giving me a thankful nod and then looked at Skye. She cowered in fear in the corner of the booth.

   Austin and I traded knowing looks. I lifted her body and put her on my lap hugging her to my chest. "Shh it's ok he's gone now, he's going to get us a new waiter." She nods hugging my waist tightly burying her face in my chest. I run her back until I feel her body stop shaking.

  Austin looks hesitant to talk before nervously scratching his neck. "Um Skye...?" She looks up at him. "Um...has he ever hit you or anything that made you uncomfortable?" She flinches at that giving me the idea he did.

  I growl lowly. "Um...only once." She takes a deep breath before finishing. "We were at a party and he was drunk, I tried to go home but he wouldn't let and demanded I stay with him. I said no so h-he...hit me."

  Her body began to shake uncontrollably again. I gave her a gentle nudge to bury her face in neck to calm her down.

  "That bastard! Oh Skye we won't ever let that bastard touch you again." Austin said angrily.

  She held out both pinkies to us. "Promise?" We locked out pinkies with her tiny ones.

  "We promise."

"Can we order now? I need some ice cream." Austin pouted back to his childish self. Skye let out a giggle wiping a few stray tears.

I looked to the front where Bobby was talking rapidly with a frightened look on his eyes. He pointed to our table before running out the building. I hear Skye giggling and look at her to see her full blown laughing.