Chapter 11

Whew

The wind nipped at my fur making it puff up in a frizz. My small body easily being pushed by the strong wind. A whimper leaves my body when my body is pushed into the ground. Skye noticed and frowns at me. She hands April the bag filled with crawfish and picks me up.

It didn't hurt when I fell like seriously I'm a shifter it's hard to hurt me. I just really wanted to be in my mates arms. I snuggle into her chest, her really warm chest. I could hear her heartbeat thumping a mile a minute.

Thump

Thump

Thump

I could stay in her arms forever. When I was with her it felt like home, like I could do anything with her. She was my world now and I don't know what I would do without her by my side. I couldn't imagine living without her, she was mine and no one was going to keep me from her. Not even that Robby boy or whatever his name is can take her away from me.

"We're here." April announces. I pout not wanting to be out of her arms, figured Skye knew what I was thinking as she had sat me on her lap when she took a seat at the bench.

April looks to Skye and they both smile mischievous at each other. I began to worry for myself for what crazy plan they've concocted to prank me with. But then I realize it's Skye and she wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Their evil looks disappear and is just replaced by small smirks as they open the crawfish. Steam rose from the bag and dissipates in the air within a matter of seconds.

Carefully sitting up on Skye's lap while trying not to hurt her, I peek in the bag. Steam immediately makes my fur moist as soon as it hit me. I step back a swipe my paw across my eye to rub since the steam kind of blinded me for a second. Skye frowns and lifts my small body to her face. She blows her breath in my eye gently to cool my burning now teary eye. Her minty breath instantly cooling my eye and making a tingly feeling erupt in the pit of my stomach.

What is this girl doing to me?

She sets me back down and being to sets up three plates. This confuses me but I know better than to question my mate. They began to pull out these little red creatures from the bag with these ginormous claws and I am instantly on my feet growling at it. IT'S GOING TO EAT ME! I growl at it menacingly daring it to take one step towards me. I swear if it comes by me I'll rip it apart.

I stop growling when I hear giggling. I look up to meet the eyes of April and Skye, Skye is recording me and the creatures little brawl while April is laughing hysterically on the seat. What's so funny? What did I do?

April smirks at me and pick up the little red thing and starts waving it in my face. Hissing much like a cat I jumped and my fur stood up at this, that thing was like so close to me. What the hell is it?

"Relax Kai this is just the crawfish we're going to eat." I growl at that. I'm not eating that thing, it....creeps me out. I back away from it more until I'm nearly ten feet away. Skye chuckles lightly shaking her head at me, her beautiful curls bouncing with her head.

"It's dead Kai don't worry. now come here." I stay rooted to my place despite how tempting her arms is right now. She frowns then shrugs at me, "Suit yourself." Something's not right she gave up too quickly. They began making that thing that Skye claimed to be 'crawfish dip,' that stuff we used to draw on the girls faces with. What I they did next frightened me. They ripped its butt off! They were peeling the red part of the creature off and eating the soft part of it. Then they dipped the butt into the dip.

My Skye is an alien! As they began eating more and peeling more I noticed Skye setting some on a separate plate. She smiled towards me and motioned me over. Warily, I walked over to her and sat as far as possible on the bench from her I can get. She nearly laughs at me. She laughed?  "Oh Kai just because its foreign to you doesn't mean its foreign to us, here try some."

She pushes that extra plate to me that she has been adding onto and scoop some dip onto my plate also. I look at it and hesitantly swipe at it with my paw. April watches me, her shoulders shaking slightly from trying and failing to control her laughter. Skye simply gives me an encouraging smile and nudges me toward the plate. Okay Skye I will do this for you.

Being the brave and sexy daredevil that I am, I quickly put it in mouth and just hold it there not sure if I wanna swallow the demon. "Swallow it Kai." April says challengingly. I give her my best glare I can give her and slowly chew it then swallowing it.

When its down I realize it doesn't taste that bad, taste like rabbit. Boy could really go for some rabbit right now. Now that I think about it I really need to pee. I haven't gone in a while, my mind has been occupied by a certain someone. I found myself thinking about her a lot lately, that's all that's ever been on my mind well except...them.

They are coming for me I know it, its about time I start to prepare myself for it.

 Hopping off the bench, I start heading towards the woods behind the park. "Kai where are you going?" Skye asked looking at me worriedly. I lick her face and look towards the woods. April seems to understand. She whispers something to Skye and she nods telling me to go on. She gives me a gentle smile and continue her conversation while they eat.

I head towards the woods ready to relieve my bladder of its heaviness. I go behind a tall tree and finally feel relief when I let it all out. I suddenly become alert when I hear rustling and not one but two unfamiliar scents pass by. Crouching low to the ground I get ready to pounce when something big fly's over my head. They land In the park...out in the opening.

I instantly spot it...rather them. I see a wolf and a man. Its him. The wolf is a little bigger than me and judging by his scent he's a shifter. He's injured pretty badly and his wounds aren't healing as quick as they should. If they don't get treated as soon as possible he will die. I run over to help him when he sees me.

He sneers at me with his god awful yellow teeth. I restrain from gagging cause I know it will only piss him off and I can't fight him with Skye here. Skye! I look over to her and see her still at the table oblivious to what's going on. We didn't stray to much out of the forest. The park is pretty empty beside us.

"Well if it isn't little Kai, come to be a hero again?" he taunts. I snarl at him, my inner fox wanting to come out. I don't talk to him much cause he is very shy but don't get on his bad side cause he may be shy but he's a hot head.

He smirks at me then turns his attention to the wolf who has bleed more. "As for you, you little mutt I'll deal with you later."

I trail my eyes over to Skye to make sure she is safe and sigh glad she's not here. He follows my line of sight and smirk. "Ah I see you brought me a new toy Kai." My eyes widen and the deadliest growl escape my throat. Woah where did that come from? His eyes grew before they narrowed and he sped towards my mate.

I looked towards the bleeding wolf and Skye who seemed unaware she was in danger, I whimpered at the thought. He gave me a gentle nudge towards her and closed his eyes. Sending him a silent thank you I hurried after him but I was too late.

He was talking to her with an evil grin while Skye and April looked scared. When Skye seen me she let out a relieved sigh. He smirked as his eyes zeroed in on me. "Nice to see you again little rat, this is just a warning their coming for you and they want her." I growled ready to pounce.

I stood in front of them protectively. If he wants a fight then he'll get one.

TO BE CONTINUED...

 EDITED

 Original date: November 20, 2017