Chapter 5

The shadow seem to stand still as though afraid to come forward. I looked around for my fox who would protect me but he was no where to be found. Something on my night stand caught my eye. I looked at the shadow who followed my gaze to Kai's collar.The tag shined as if it was mocking me. I picked it up and clutched it tightly. "Where the hell are you when I need you?" I whispered.

"He's here." The shadow spoke lowly. My head snapped yo the shadow who I realized had the deepest and sultry voice. I grab my lap and hold it up, ready to smash it over his head if he makes any sudden moves. 

"You're real?"

The shadow stared at me as if debating on talking." Yes I am real, when you wake up it will not be a dream so don't think of it any less."

"Who are you?"

The shadow came closer kneeling in front of me and lifting up my chin. Immediate sparks flew through out my body making me want to get closer to this stranger. I feel my resolve slip but not my hand, swiftly bringing my arm around, the lamp nearly collides with his head but he catches it with a growl. His stormy grey eyes glare at me and drop my lamp to the ground making it shatter. Oh shit..

His hand reaches up and I flinch back instinctively. A rough hand grasps my face where he does the unexpected. 

He kissed me!

His lips touch mine for a soft and gentle kiss. Then he became more aggressive when he realized I wasn't going to pull away. He whimpered when my hands tugged at his hair. Wait that whimper sounds familiar. 

"I am Kai." Then in an instant he was gone. I ran to my window but all I saw was my only chance at answers get away.

I heard a slight whimper and turned around in hopes that the mysterious strange came back but only to find my fox hiding under my bed. I pick him up and cradle him in my arms. "Some guard pet you are." I grumble.

What an odd dream.

****

It's been three days and the mysterious stranger hasn't returned. I woke up that morning feeling stupid for believing my dreams. After the second night of waiting I got tired for him to come back and decided to let him go. My life will not be on hold or changed for a silly dream.

"What's number six Bobs?" He looks down at his paper.

"38 to the third power times 56x."

I write it down and go on to the next one. "Bobby get off the phone and come fold your laundry!" Bobby's mom shouted. He groaned rubbing his forehead. I chuckled when she barged into his room and she came into the camera. "Skye! How are ya sweetie?"

"Hi Ms. Winchester, I'm fine thank you." Kai hops in my lap and put his face in the computer. I laugh moving him away. The white ball of fluff blocks the entire screen but I can't help but to giggle a little.

"Kai get out of the camera I can't see." Ms. Winchester laughs. Her pale face reddens as she tries her best to stifle her laughter. Meanwhile Bobby looks downright annoyed, it's no secret he hates Kai for ruining our moment but he's still an animal.

"He's adorable, where did you get the little guy." She cooed. 

"He was too injured to be in the forest so he was taken to a dog pound where I was allowed to adopt him." Kai jumped around excitedly as we talked about him. Did he find mom's edibles?