Quickshift

*After like a month and a half of silence the author magically appears on the face of the earth again *

But it's with an update so it's all good. Also, and intro to a new character.

Chapter Twenty-Three: Quickshift
___________________________________

I awoke with a jolt again.

I sat up, ignoring the head rush as black marks clouded my vision before fading away. It was sometime at night, I could tell from the glistening stars, and then I noticed that Sunstreaker wasn't here.

I vaguely wondered where he went off to, before deciding it wasn't really important and examined the white bandages on my arms and legs. I didn't wake up with excruciating pain, so I guess that was a good sign. Slowly, I unwrapped one of the bandages, readying myself for a possible gruesome gash. I was surprised when it was only a scar, a long scar, with purple and red markings along the burned areas.

How did they heal so fast? It was practically impossible.

Unless...I was out for longer than a day?

It would be something I had to ask Sunstreaker when he came back. I clenched my hand with the open wound, and unclenched it, watching the veins in my wrist for a second. Then I used the wall beside me to slowly, rise to my feet. My legs throbbed, and shook a little, but I had managed to stand up, even if I was slightly hunching. I looked around the dark warehouse, my hopes rising when I noticed the workbench across the room. A bunch of tools were scattered across the bench, along with some pens, business cards, and a landline.

I couldn't even get one step off the wall before cringing in pain and having to lean back against it. I cursed lowly, latching on to the wall like a life line. Too bad my freaky healing didn't come with pain relievers. Sunstreaker threw some at me earlier, but I somehow managed to misplace the bottle while I was re-arranging the pillows and the withered blanket. I was too embarrassed to ask for another set...that or he might be aggravated enough to squish me.

Pushing the thoughts to the back of my head, I started to slowly limp, leaning heavily on the wall. It shouldn't be that hard, right? Just about forty steps or so and I should be there. I could totally do this.

Wrong.

I was on my eighty-ninth step, and my calves were killing me. My legs shook like I was an elderly person, and an annoying throbbing sensation kept running up my arms. This was completely ridiculous! I've had to outrun and survive a fair share of gigantic Cybertronians, and I couldn't even walk across the warehouse to reach a workbench? What was wrong with me?

By the time I was on the same wall as the workbench, the sun was visible, bringing bright orange and yellow streaks towards to edges of the dark sky. A bunch of steps, swears, whines, and limping later, I finally managed to make it to the workbench. The first thing I did was plop myself down on the seat, propping my sore and shaky legs up as I drew in deep breaths. Who knew recovering from Energon poisoning could be this exhausting?

I grabbed the phone, dialing my family's house number and putting it up to my ear.

I waited...and waited...and waited some more.

The line was then quickly cut off, leaving that staticky sound and I grimaced, pulling the phone away from my ear. I turned the phone off, slamming it on the table in frustration before the cold truth sank into me. Someone had cut the line.

Dread filled inside me, turning my veins cold and had my chest constricting in rising paranoia. Maybe I was being irrational, but I swore I heard the sounds of something moving. In the far corner of the warehouse, something moved again, causing one of the saw hanging above to fall to the floor with a loud crash. My heart leapt in my throat, and I snatched the sharpest tool off the table, gripping the tool so hard that my knuckles turned white. Something flew out of the stacked up rusty car parts, emitting a short shriek out of me as it spun across the room.