A Series of Coincidental Events

Chapter Six: A Series of Coincidental Events

_____________________________________________________

First, it's getting attacked and nearly killed by gigantic robots. Now it's being kidnapped by one? Should I just make an "Attacked by alien robots" frequency card? So that every time this happens I can just stamp it. Who knows? Maybe I could get an award for this. 

All I know is, being blindfolded with a seatbelt tightly strapped to my torso inside a car that is driving itself isn't very pleasant. The car roughly swerved to the left and I could feel my body jerk  with it, slamming against the driver's door. I bit my lip, grimacing as pain raced up my left side, leaving an aching sensation in its wake. I swear I heard a low, sinister chuckle coming from the dashboard when he hit the brakes and my forehead went crashing into the wheel.  Does this guy not know how to drive, or is he doing all of this for extra torture?

 Extremely unnecessary.

Finally, after hours of being thrown around the car like a rag doll, I felt the car slid to stop, but the engine revved loudly and the seatbelt unstrapped itself from my waist. I heard something heavy swing over and the scent of the outside air rushed into my nostrils. One moment, I was in the seat simply smelling the air outside, and the next I was ungracefully dumped to the ground, my hands out in front of me, but I couldn't see where I would land so I shrieked and waited to hit the ground. 

What I wasn't expecting; to land in a hard, metal palm.

 The impact forced out a gasp as the claws grasped me, this time not as harsh, but the feeling was still uncomfortable. The robots communicated in those same low clicks and whirrs, which I was starting to assume was their language. 

The claw's grip suddenly tightened, and I could feel myself coughing and already wheezing for air.  I coughed again, a burning and aching feeling spreading inside my lungs, making me cough even harder. My throat was again dry, and the coughing only made it worse as my heart raced in my chest, feeling like it was going to jump into my throat at any moment. I don't know if it was my silent prayers or not, but the death grip loosened and I could finally breathe again. I swallowed as much air as I could, relieved the burning and aching feeling in my throat was being soothed.

There was another sinister laugh, drifting from above me as the blindfold was sliced away before my eyes. I blinked three times, adjusting to the natural lighting before frantically looking around. We were deep in the forest, I knew that from all the wild animal noises and I was high enough that I could see nothing but thick, green trees surrounding us. Well, except for the large mountain that was right beside us, and the small opening clearly made by these robots. I wish they didn't cut the blindfold off, I'd much rather be blindfolded then staring at not two, but four scary as hell looking robots. All with the same crimson eyes.

The leader of them, was a triangular shaped figure, with gruesome red eyes and bared its sharp teeth as it grinned wickedly at me. He was also the one holding me, I just now noticed.

"Well, if it isn't another organic piece of filth." He snarled in a horribly high-pitched voice, in english, but  only understood half of what he said. I'm assuming the other half was probably an insult.

"W-What a-are you going t-to do to m-me?" I stuttered, my body shaking in absolute fear in his claws.

His wicked grin only seemed to widen, and I could feel the blood drain from my face as he brought me closer to him, "It seems you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, fleshbag."

That was not helpful at all. And that voice...what did robots smoke or something? How is his voice so high-pitched and scratchy?

"Take this human down to the brigs, I will attend to her later." He snarled at the other's behind him, casually tossing me to the closet person behind him as if I was baseball.