Jenna

Chapter eleven: Jenna

__________________________________________________

(Charlie's POV)

My eyes fluttered open and I groaned, the sound hoarse and scratchy so much that I ended up coughing towards the end of it. I sat upright quickly, still coughing as my throat burned. Why did it ached so much?

"Don't stress yourself too much." A male voice I've never heard before said, his tone chastising. 

I looked around until I found the person the voice was coming from, and almost screamed. Well, I tried to scream, but it left my throat burning even more. There was a tall man, with pale skin, mahogany brown hair and eccentric blue eyes. He was dressed in a long white coat that covered any clothing he was wearing underneath with thick black glasses standing not far away, peering at me. I tried to scream again, scooting myself backwards and away from the strange man.

I don't know this man! Where am I? 

The man immediately rushed forward, "Please, be careful-"

But it was too late, I kept scooting backwards until I felt my back tip downward, and I tumbled ungracefully to the ground, a splitting headache, along with a slight throb in my back was the result as I realized I had just fallen off of whatever I was laying on. The man muttered something under his breath as he crouched down beside me, lifting me back into a standing position as the world swayed. 

Once the throb in my back and head reduced, I took in my surroundings. Fluorescent lights lit up the room brightly, and a sterile smell lingering in the air around me. The room had a counter that contained neatly organized medical equipment and above it was a glass cabinet filled with medicines and other strange materials I didn't recognized. I then noticed a bed, the clean white covers were crinkled and strewn everywhere, while the small white pillow was laying on the ground. 

Was I sleeping on that bed? 

It seemed to just now dawned in on me that I was in a hospital, and instantaneously, I became nervous, my muscles stiffening. Doctors and I never did get along well. After looking around the room, my eyes landed back on the doctor and narrowed suspiciously.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice horribly hoarse, "Where am I? What happened to me?"

"You are in the medical wing," The doctor responded with a calm, placid voice. Although his eyes were telling something else. I was trying to figure that part out, "I am Dr. Ratchet, do not worry Charlotte, you are safe."

Taken aback, I blinked, my nerves only growing as I swallowed hard, "How am I supposed to trust you? And how do you know my name?" Then, something else seemed to come to mind. Something about a flash of glistening silver, so fast that I almost missed it as I blinked again, before my eyes widened in realization. "Sideswipe! He was t-taking me to the...where is he?!" My eyes widened with fear as I nervously began backing up.

The doctor didn't move, he remained still in perfect calmness, "Don't worry Charlotte, Sideswipe is fine. You are recovering from an illness, you need to rest."

I bit my lip nervously, "I...I really don't want to."

The doctor rolled his eyes, his calm and subtle façade starting to crack as he sighed, "Would it help you relax if I called him in?"

I nodded without hesitation, and he grumbled something under his breathe before the room went silent. His eccentric blue eyes went blank as they dimmed and I quickly assumed that he was a robot, and he was sending a message through his head; processors or whatever they called it. Only a second later did he snap out of his daze and looked up at me.