Risking It

Chapter Twelve: Risking It

_______________________________________

"What about this one?" Jenna asked, mindlessly shoving a top into my hands.

I stared down at the cerulean blue top, with straps and a low swoop in the back. Frowning, I shook my head and put it back on the rack while squeezing past the many, many racks of clothing at the mall. Yes, a shopping mall. A place I loathed more than anything else, and somehow Jenna had managed to convince Lennox that it was a good idea, chattering on about how I needed more clothing to 'spice up' my closet...or, whatever. Although I really hated the activity that Jenna begged we spend two hours on a plane to do today, I couldn't help but be grateful.

In the few weeks that I've been here, Jenna has been glued to my side. We talked, ate in the food hall, and hung out a lot, and I've observed a few interesting things about her. Like the fact that Jenna's passion for building and fixing automobiles was almost as strong as mines, and along with the fact that she's been in a military family practically all her life, thus, it was only logical that Jenna would work here, even if she didn't know why at the time. 

Well, until I told her. 

Her reaction was the complete opposite of what I was expecting. Like to be shocked, scared, worried, or very anxious. Instead, Jenna seemed to get even more excited about working here, and she literally squealed when I mention they turned into cars for their disguise. But at the same time, I really should've been expecting it. Jenna liked to be very optimistic, daring, and quirky. So when she was the only one actually excited to meet the Autobots when the time came, she got more than just a few odd looks her way...and it wasn't only from the humans.

But Jenna was a great companion nevertheless, and a really great listener as well. If it weren't for her 'interesting' personality, and charm keeping me occupied, I would've been bored out of my mind. I mean, there's always those delightful visits to the Med Bay with Ratchet yelling and cursing and throwing wrenches, but I typically try to avoid the Autobots these days. Even though my life has drastically change over this month, I feel like I should probably try and hold on to any normality I may have left, even if such a thing existed.

So that's another reason why I agreed to going with Jenna to the mall; a sense of normalcy seemed to enter me as soon as I stepped inside the crowded building. Forgetting about things like psychopathic Decepticons, or vexatious Autobots. Really, this should be good for me.

"Charlie!" Jenna said impatiently, snapping her fingers in front of my face, and I blinked. "I asked you which top looks better, green or blue?" Jenna held up to identical looking tops with different colors.

 Identical with different colors...Suddenly, my mind drifted back to the twins, and I had to shake the thought away quickly. No robots. No Aliens. No top-secret military crap. Just Charlie and Jenna.

I raised an eyebrow, my lips formed into a teasing smile, "Didn't you beg Lennox to let us go shopping to get me clothes, Jenna?"

Jenna rolled her eyes, "Well, you aren't really helping by complaining every time we go into a store."

I crossed my arms, "Can't we just go to a store I like?"

"What's not to like?" Jenna asked, motioning with her hands all around the store, the bags hanging off the joint of her arms swinging around.

"A lot." I muttered under my breath.

"Well, at least try this on before we leave," Jenna turned around, shuffling through the wrack before turning around and handing me a plain, black dress. I didn't move to reach it, instead settling for glaring daggers at it instead.