7 - Should I Congratulate You?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Do you know her?" asks the glaring guy to Shoyo.

"Yeah, she's . . . uh," Shoyo stutters as he struggles, trying to guess my name.

I laugh immediately. Yes, I haven't given him my name.

"You dumbass," the glaring guy hissed to Shoyo, "you're quite confident that you know her when you don't even know her name."

Shoyo only chuckles wearily, scratching the back of his hair.

"Yukizome." I say.

"Yukizome?" Shoyo repeats. "Your name?"

I nod.

"Surname?"

I nod again.

"Your given name?"

"Lorraine."

"Lo-Lo-what?"

I laugh in a low tone. "Raine. You can call me Raine instead."

"Raine-chan!" Shoyo speaks with a cheeky smile.

Oh. He's like a ball of sunshine. And his hair, it looks like a ray of sun.

"Mister Sunshine." I utter without thinking.

"What did you say, Raine-chan?"

"Ah, nothing." I grin. As if Shoyo could see my grin.

"Raine-chan, are you smart?"

I shake my head, "Why?"

"Eh? Since you're in a college prep class, I thought you could teach us. Because Stingyshima over there is being stingy."

"Aha, lol." I scoff. But probably, Kei doesn't care at all.

And as much as I want to help Shoyo to review, I just can't. My sickness is giving me burdens.

I let out a tiry breath, "I'm sorry, Shoyo." I tell him with apologetic eyes, "You see, I feel so ail. If there will be another next time, I would like to teach you."

"O-Oh, okay, Raine-chan . . ."

"Then . . ." I whisper, standing up, "I need to go to the infirmary."

After I dismissed the conversation, I tried my hardest to walk without staggering.

Ah . . . I should hang strong. It'll be shame to collapse here in public area. But there aren't much students in the corridor. Perhaps, they're eating right now.

Stand up straight, walk normally, be strong for now. I need to reach the infirmary.

I'm just walking slowly, when I felt someone grabbed my wrist.

A strong hand pulls me that causes me to turn around, facing the person.

And it's because I'm a weakling for this day, I nearly fell, but something catches me, surviving the fall. As my face is rested on a familiar built, I smelled a faint scent of someone's familiar fragrance.

But I shake the thought away and fastly pull myself up, regaining my posture.

Lifting my gaze in front, my eyes found out that Kei Tsukishima is the one who is responsible for pulling me out of the blue.

I was left astound that I could not find for words.

"What are you doing here?"

It is the thing that I want to ask.

But wordlessly, he hastily pulls my face mask.

No words came out of my mouth. I just watch his face. I can't explain the face he's making right now. He's just looking blankly at me.

Shame envelops me, so I nod my head down. Biting my lower lip, I balled my fists. I am frustrated that I don't how to act in front of him.

Kei didn't speak, but he tighten his grasp to wrist and pulls me little closer. I slightly wince, hiding the pain.

"What are you doing?" It is the cold question I received from him.

I can feel his frigid gazes, although I can't see him. I tried to steal my hand away from his grip, but he's strong enough to hold me tight.

"You hid everything pretty well." I hear him say, still with a deadlock tone, "Should I congratulate you?"

I grit my teeth silently. I feel so insulted. Now I know how to name the expression he's having right now. He's eyeing me . . . pathetically.

"Let me go." I say, with a shaky and broken voice.

Kei loosens his grip and willingly lets go of my wrist.

I turn around. And walk with a heavy feeling. Every steps, it's becoming heavier. I should stay strong . . . only for now . . . just please.

But wait . . .

Why everything is falling? Everything I see is blurring. Why . . ?

I don't understand what is happening, but I only felt a hard impact to my head.

And without explanation, everything went black.