chapter two

Chapter 2: Please tell me I've made the correct decision.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"M-mermaids?" Jungkook stuttered out confusedly. What does the project have to do with mermaids?

"Just answer the question Mr. Jeon."

"Well..." Jungkook paused for a brief second, unsure of what to reply. "They're not real, I suppose." He shrugged, still confused at Mr. Han's sudden question. 

"No one's ever seen one dead or alive. Although I have read that they live deep down in the ocean, away from the human eye."

Mr. Han nodded and pursed his lip. He stood up from his desk and signaled for Jungkook to follow him. Jungkook quickly stood up from the chair and followed Mr. Han like a lost puppy. He had no clue as to where they were heading, he was just doing what was ordered from him.

Jungkook waved at a few of the scientists who he has become close to. He heard a few brief Hello's from some of them before they went on with their tasks.

As Jungkook had mentioned before, the 12th floor was the busiest floor out of all the research center as there were always new problems surging and new discoveries being made. There were scientists running around the floor, all doing their own thing, all sporting similar shiny, white coats.

Mr. Han stopped in front of a silver door and punched in a pin. The door opened and Jungkook followed him inside. He had never been in this room before and he didn't know they had such a room. It was a room hidden on the far most end of the hallway, it was camouflaged to look as if it were part of the wall. No one could tell there was a hidden door unless they looked very, very closely.

They walked through a dark, narrow hallway that resembled a tunnel. The only source of light they had was that of a red light bulb which seemed unusual. As they kept walking farther into the hallway, the colder it got, making Jungkook shiver.

"W-where are we going?" Jungkook asked Mr. Han, teeth chattering because of how cold the room was.

"You'll see in a moment." Was the only response he got.

They walked for a few more minutes before stopping in front of another door. It was similar to the first door they had come in from but instead of requiring a pin, this door required a key. Mr. Han took out a rather odd looking key and pushed it on the knob . The door opened and they walked inside a large room.

The entire room was completely white. There was no trace of color whatsoever. The room was empty and cold. Jungkook wrapped his arms around his body trying to garner some heat. He  followed Mr. Han down a set of stairs and they walked inside a room which held a table filled with buttons.