You are Summer to My Winter Heart

Start from the beginning

"Dutch," Camila's voice suddenly echoed. He remove his hand from my shoulder and face Camila properly.

"Boss."

"Have you done what I've told you to do?" She asked coldly yet I can feel the annoyance in her voice.

"Still working on it."

Camila raised her right eyebrow, "Then you shouldn't be here flirting with Lauren. Leave her alone. A guy like you is not suitable for a girl like her."

I don't like how Camila sounded and the fact that she probably offended Dutch. So as soon as he walks out to go back to his working place with Moe, I grab Camila's arm and drag her somewhere in the corner where we can talk privately.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Stop being a mean bitch to him."

"Then you better stop looking at him the way I want you to look at me."

My mouth unconsciously drop.

"Can't you understand, Lauren? I don't want him around you! I don't want him to make you smile and laugh because of his stupid jokes! I don't want you to fall In love with him! Is that hard to understand? Does the word 'I want you' hard to understand?"

"You have a boyfriend, Camila! And for fucking sake you're cheating on him!"

"I will leave him for you!"

"Do you hear yourself?! What about your son? Do you ever think what he'll feel if he finds out you're leaving his father?"

"Clark is n—" Camila suddenly fell silent, "We'll work this out. Just tell me you want to be with me and I promise you we'll work this out."

"We have nothing to work out, Miss Cabello."

I turn my back on Camila and about to leave when she suddenly speak.

"I want you back. I want us back."

This is what I want, hearing her say these four words to me. But I couldn't feel the happiness in my chest. Even a single drop, nothing. All I feel is guilt of what I could have been ruin. Everything lies in a word that's about to leave my mouth.

"We're done, Camila. We're over long gone. There's nothing to go back to."

Though it hurts me to say it to her, I know this is the right thing to do. I'm not that selfish egoistic person anymore. The competition between Shawn and I, it's already over. He won and I've already accepted that.

"Yes, there is! I know you feel the same way and that's why you kissed me back the other day."

"That means nothing."

"It means everything to me, because..." My heart started to beat loud and fast inside my chest, "because I love you."

I fell completely silent as I clenched my fist tightly. I love you too but we can never be together.

"You don't have to say anything. I just thought you should know."

I heard footsteps approaching me. And before I even know it, Camila's already in front of me. "I'm willing to wait until you're ready." She spoke softly before she leaned in and press her lips against mine.

I stood where I am like a statue. I didn't kiss her back nor able to respond to her statement. I was just standing there watching her as she walked away from me. And it's scary to think that in one kiss she can take my power and strength away. Nothing dances faster than my heart for her, but I know I should do the right thing.

***

Two weeks had gone passed. And ever since that day, Camila became even more straight forward to her agenda; winning me back. And despite of how many times I've pushed her away she always kept coming back and showing no sign of giving up. She just kept pursuing me relentlessly.